Author Topic: EVERYTHING Xbox 360  (Read 388617 times)

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
Re: EVERYTHING Xbox 360
« Reply #1080 on: January 26, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »
I'm going to try something with Red later see if we can't get a more permanent solution to this dilema... other than using the Vsat in my office XD

Carigamers

« Reply #1080 on: January 26, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »

Offline NeoSpartan117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
  • Time to build a beast PC
    • Xbox 360, Wii U
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • Steam: dspartanx868
  • XBL: DspartaN868
« Reply #1081 on: January 26, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »
Can't u just use the USB cable for the modem on the PC and the ethernet on the xbox?

Offline chinarakinda

• AdvancedTactics
  • Chunin
  • Chakra 6
    • X360, PS3, PS2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Foz4ric's Blog
  • CPU: Core Duo 2 GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 7900 Go Gs
  • RAM: 1 gigabyte
  • PSN: MissCH1evous
  • XBL: Foz4ric
« Reply #1082 on: January 26, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »
If your pc has wireless you have no problems. Just have your pc on wireless and connect the xbox via ethernet to the pc.

So yeah spartan if you have a usb wireless adapter you good to go
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:05:38 PM by chinarakinda »

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #1083 on: January 26, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
Yes you can.  Way before online console gaming became the norm, I believe I was one of the very first
people to get my PS2 online with SOCOM, and that setup is exactly what I used.  There was no other way
really, as all the modems at that time were USB only.

Once you 'bridge' the modem and ethernet connections it should work.

EDIT!!!

OK, I can now confirm that chinarakinda's instructions worked perfectly, and I am now
downloading the free map pack.  I think I'll go ahead and buy the new map pack as well.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline Silvaback

• Genin
  • Chakra -6
    • Xbox-360
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58:11 PM »
Aye peeps..just came ot me as an idea. Im not all that tech inclined so forgive any stupid mistakes or assumptions of mine. Is it possible ot use a program such as hamachi to set up a VPN to give yourself a US ip address to download the gears 2 maps?

dunno if u guys figured out a way yet but i stumbled across this on the net
http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/get-around-xbox-lives-ip-restrictions

I have done it and it WORKS!!! I downloaded UMK3 which was blocked. I did not use Hamachi however, i used another service.  :yay:

Ok Here are the details.

I followed the article submitted by Blu Vice. If you can't find it see attachment. The one recommended in the tutorial you had to pay for so i scoured the net for free alternatives.

The instructions are pretty straightforward but I did even less work because i found a trial vpn service which automatically configured and created the vpn connection. http://anonymitynetwork.com/ (Download a trail version here, the file should be vpn_tool.exe) Unfortunately the trial only last 3 hours but I wanted to test the method so this was ok.

Other resources to look into to find Free Vpn service or tool ( I haven't checked these out as yet so if they worked please post back results)
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Steganos-Secure-VPN-Download-73840.html
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/SimonTools_CyberGhost_VPN_53514_p/

Note: I used my laptop which is using wireless to connect to my router. Other pc's were connected to my router via ethernet. This would not affect them and you would not have to disconnect them or do anything otherwise.

Before starting go to whatismyip.com and take note of you IP address.

• Click to start free trial and register at the site, it gave me a password which i retrieved from the email account.
  • I entered it back at the site and followed instructions to download the vpn tool.
  • I installed it(make sure to choose an ip address of a region you xbox 360 locale is registered to) and the vpn connection was made automatically and appeared in taskbar. Check whatismyip.com to see if you IP address changed
  • I then went to Network Connections, right clicked the VPN connection and clicked properties.
  • Go to the "Advanced Tab" and enable Internet Connection Sharing. Refer to X-sploit document for screenshots.
  • Connect xbox 360 to laptop/desktop via ethernet cable ofcourse (wireless adapter if you have it)
  • Check whatismyip.com to make sure you IP has changed
  • Put on xbox360 and you're good to go. ( MAKE SURE THAT YOU XBOX 360 NETWORK SETTINGS IN ON AUTOMATIC NOT MANUAL)

Hmm see the sad part is I doh have an xbox again lol. It on vaaction in Canada lol. hopingto get it back this year:S
but GJ though...I think i asked about using a vpn awhile back but ppl said "it complicated".but good work anyway.
BTW if my RROD xbox was 1st gen you think they would just give me  a new one?

Carigamers

« Reply #1084 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58:11 PM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #1085 on: January 26, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »
They will, if a) the warranty hasn't expired, and b) you send it in, and they determine thats its not repairable.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #1086 on: January 26, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
Aye peeps..just came ot me as an idea. Im not all that tech inclined so forgive any stupid mistakes or assumptions of mine. Is it possible ot use a program such as hamachi to set up a VPN to give yourself a US ip address to download the gears 2 maps?

dunno if u guys figured out a way yet but i stumbled across this on the net
http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/get-around-xbox-lives-ip-restrictions

I have done it and it WORKS!!! I downloaded UMK3 which was blocked. I did not use Hamachi however, i used another service.  :yay:

Ok Here are the details.

I followed the article submitted by Blu Vice. If you can't find it see attachment. The one recommended in the tutorial you had to pay for so i scoured the net for free alternatives.

The instructions are pretty straightforward but I did even less work because i found a trial vpn service which automatically configured and created the vpn connection. http://anonymitynetwork.com/ (Download a trail version here, the file should be vpn_tool.exe) Unfortunately the trial only last 3 hours but I wanted to test the method so this was ok.

Other resources to look into to find Free Vpn service or tool ( I haven't checked these out as yet so if they worked please post back results)
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Steganos-Secure-VPN-Download-73840.html
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/SimonTools_CyberGhost_VPN_53514_p/

Note: I used my laptop which is using wireless to connect to my router. Other pc's were connected to my router via ethernet. This would not affect them and you would not have to disconnect them or do anything otherwise.

Before starting go to whatismyip.com and take note of you IP address.

• Click to start free trial and register at the site, it gave me a password which i retrieved from the email account.
  • I entered it back at the site and followed instructions to download the vpn tool.
  • I installed it(make sure to choose an ip address of a region you xbox 360 locale is registered to) and the vpn connection was made automatically and appeared in taskbar. Check whatismyip.com to see if you IP address changed
  • I then went to Network Connections, right clicked the VPN connection and clicked properties.
  • Go to the "Advanced Tab" and enable Internet Connection Sharing. Refer to X-sploit document for screenshots.
  • Connect xbox 360 to laptop/desktop via ethernet cable ofcourse (wireless adapter if you have it)
  • Check whatismyip.com to make sure you IP has changed
  • Put on xbox360 and you're good to go. ( MAKE SURE THAT YOU XBOX 360 NETWORK SETTINGS IN ON AUTOMATIC NOT MANUAL)

glad to see dat it works

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 5820k
  • GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
  • Broadband: Flow/Blink
  • PSN: David_Crockett
« Reply #1087 on: January 28, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »
Well I tried it last night and it worked. What is really curious is I have been having a lot of trouble with slow downloads from the live marketplace but when I used the VPN the downloads were very fast.

Thanks to chinakara and Blu_Vice
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:21:31 AM by Eroo »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #1088 on: January 28, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »
Well my investigations into another more permanent free option was unsucessful ftw. Will update if there are any breakthroughs.

Offline NeoSpartan117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
  • Time to build a beast PC
    • Xbox 360, Wii U
    • View Profile
  • Steam: dspartanx868
  • XBL: DspartaN868
« Reply #1089 on: January 28, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »
Well I got the RROD so i'll be offline 4 awhile. I might try the towel trick, but i might not...

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #1090 on: January 28, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »
* Yet again, Arcman feels compelled to hold his Xbox 360, and 'handle it nice' *

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #1091 on: January 28, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
* Yet again, Arcman feels compelled to hold his Xbox 360, and 'handle it nice' *

ROFL!! Arc, you know I was like you once, until the faithful day I had a GOW 2 update and BAM!! Dead...So...since you doh play NEARLY as often as the rest of us, since we NEVER see you online for sweats, we will assume that your time will come, your time will come my friend...

*Redlum walks off into the sunset tipping his hat at Arcman*

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #1092 on: January 29, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
Well I got the RROD so i'll be offline 4 awhile. I might try the towel trick, but i might not...

The towel trick will not give you much game time and will only damage the hardware more. If you gonna send it to MS to fix though you probably safe lol.

Standby for my extensive report/review of an xbox 360 repair kit :p

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #1093 on: January 29, 2009, 10:28:32 AM »
As yuh talk online sweat dey Red.  I now have ALL the GOW2 maps.
So when is de next sweat?

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 5820k
  • GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
  • Broadband: Flow/Blink
  • PSN: David_Crockett
« Reply #1094 on: January 29, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
Arcman do you have blink? and if you do are you experiencing slow downloads from the live marketplace?

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #1095 on: January 29, 2009, 11:46:51 AM »
Yes, and yes.  It took the better part of FOUR HOURS just to download those maps, which in total didn't even exceed 300 MB.

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #1096 on: January 29, 2009, 11:49:22 AM »
As yuh talk online sweat dey Red.  I now have ALL the GOW2 maps.
So when is de next sweat?

This Saturday night should be good, although W1nTry is always busy on weekends, so he won't be available, perhaps

Foz4ric
Arcman
RedlumTT
Agokillya
DarkTipper - if he's not working
and the TGL crew
and Jarrox and Seraph - if they not playing COD WaW

shame you doh have COD WaW, we could sweat that instead...LOL

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #1097 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »
http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Xbox 360 defects: an inside history of Microsoft’s video game console woes

When his fourth Xbox 360 video game console died in April, Chris Szarek wasn’t surprised.

The Chicopee, Mass. gamer was accustomed to the hardware failures that became known throughout the Internet as RROD, or the “red rings of death” which flash when the console becomes inoperable.

A 40-year-old photographer, Szarek was a hardcore Microsoft fan who spent more than $1,000 on his games. But each time one of his Xbox 360 consoles failed, he had to spend time convincing Microsoft’s tech support that they should send him a new console. Each time he got a refurbished console as a replacement (a machine that had been returned to a repair center in Texas, fixed as much as possible, and then shipped back out). When he complained on the Internet and to the media about the shoddy product and poor customer service, people branded him a cry baby and wrote him off as a statistical anomaly. But by the spring of 2008, Szarek was vindicated. There were at least a million or two other people like him.

Szarek’s fourth machine lasted almost two years, experiencing the same short life that many other Xbox 360s suffered. Microsoft replaced these machines for free under the warranty that it announced on July 5, 2007, for defective Xbox 360s exhibiting what it more politely called the “three flashing red lights.” That warranty program cost Microsoft up to $1.15 billion, but the loss of face and loyalty among gamers in the fierce console war with Nintendo and Sony has been immeasurable. Szarek, who became a spokesman for dispossessed defective Xbox 360 owners, played a part in making Microsoft acknowledge its console quality problem.

This is the unauthorized tale of how Microsoft lost its chance to become the leader in the biggest market it has attacked beyond its twin monopolies in Office and Windows software. Rival game console maker Nintendo out-thought the larger players Microsoft and Sony by designing the Wii game console with a clever, intuitive game controller. Even so, Microsoft could have captured more gamers during this product generation, yet the RROD problem held it back. The Xbox 360’s defect problem will go down as one of the worst snafus in consumer electronics history.

Its own worst enemy

Microsoft knew it had flawed machines, but it did not delay its launch because it believed the quality problems would subside over time. With each new machine, the company figured it would ride the “learning curve,” or continuously improve its production. Even though Microsoft’s leaders knew their quality wasn’t top notch, they did not ensure that resources were in place to handle returns and quickly debug bad consoles. There were plenty of warning signs, but the company chose to ignore them. The different parts of the business weren’t aligned.

It reminds me of the German war machine just before World War I, as chronicled by Barbara Tuchman in the classic history book, “The Guns of August.” The German generals were intent on keeping their trains on time; but the leaders overlooked their chances for stopping the war altogether. The Schlieffen plan called for them to strike first. Once the Russians and French mobilized, the Germans had to move into action. They marched off blindly into tragedy.

Likewise, Microsoft’s strategy depended on beating its rivals to market. It couldn’t afford to stop and delay the launch in order to solve its quality problems, or so upper management believed. What Microsoft’s leaders didn’t realize was that getting to market first with a flawed machine would only win them a battle; and it risked the loss of the war.

“They got enamored with the idea of the Microsoft army rolling everything out at the same time,” said one knowledgeable source who asked not to be identified.

The quality problem negated much of the advantage of going first, and it has delayed the company’s plan to aggressively market the console and slash its prices. (Microsoft disputes this point; it cut the price of all three versions of its Xbox consoles by $50 to $79 on Wednesday. And the company believes it will sell more boxes than Sony will. But prices ought to be lower still during this stage of the console life cycle). That has stopped the company from reaching the broader market of consumers that Nintendo has won over. It has lowered its ambitions, hoping instead just to get a clear edge on third-placed Sony. The future profits that the company once hoped for are now likely to wind up in Nintendo’s pockets.

Microsoft’s top game executive, Robbie Bach, president of the Entertainment & Devices group, said at a dinner in July that Microsoft’s own research shows that gamers have largely forgiven the company for defective Xbox 360s. Microsoft has still sold more Xbox 360 consoles than Sony to date. But there is no doubt that the company has lost considerable good will among gamers. Before Microsoft offered free replacements, connsumers grumbled that they had to turn to forums, such as those on Ars Technica, to vent and to find solutions to problems that the company didn’t openly discuss. And for a couple of months now, Sony’s PlayStation 3 has been outselling the Xbox 360 in the U.S. for the first time.

“Fundamentally, their thinking shows that they are a software company at heart,” said one veteran manufacturing executive. “They put something out and figure they can fix it with the next patch or come up with a bug fix.”

The terrifying part of the story is that this kind of problem — where technology fails and no one knows what to do about it — can happen to any company.

About this story

I asked Microsoft to confirm or deny 35 different facts contained in this story. Instead, I received a formal statement from a Microsoft spokesperson, saying the company had already acknowledged an “unacceptable number of repairs” to Xbox 360 consoles and responded to the hardware failures with a free replacement program. The statement also said, “This topic has already been covered extensively in the media. This new story repeats old information, and contains rumors and innuendo from anonymous sources, attempting to create a new sensational angle, and is highly irresponsible.”

I don’t think this story is sensational. I have tried to verify the facts over several years. I view this story as the last chapter for my book on the making of the Xbox 360, “The Xbox 360 Uncloaked: The Real Story Behind Microsoft’s Next-Generation Video Game Console.”

The facts revealed themselves slowly, emerging from the day-to-day stories that I wrote about the game business. Some people might consider this post mortem to be ancient history. But the reverberations are still playing out today. They help explain why Microsoft isn’t being aggressive with its price cuts and why gamers aren’t getting bargains on hardware as they did the last generation. While I talked to many people for this story, few were willing to let me use their names. As you will see, not every source is anonymous, and we have included the viewpoint of Microsoft executives from past interviews.

The details are interesting because they offer a deeper look into how the console business runs than is otherwise available. Microsoft, for instance, still hasn’t perfected its Xbox 360 manufacturing process. In the absence of a precise chronology from Microsoft, some anonymous sources have tried to describe what happened. But the history of the decision making and inside story of what happened on the RROD has never been told, until now.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #1098 on: February 07, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »
http://gamerdeals.net/blogs/cheap-video-game-deals-news/archive/2009/02/06/will-xbox-live-be-free.aspx

i hope so, but truth is they wont do anything with d price until PSN catches up to it which cud b soon or by years end

Offline Silvaback

• Genin
  • Chakra -6
    • Xbox-360
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 08, 2009, 01:27:12 AM »
Well folks, Xbox by my cousin and he called.
They said a box will arrive within 4-5 days.
It's day 11.
No box. Go Figure.
He gonna call and complain get free shtufff and hopefully i get a brand new xbox for my ole piece a beatout walmart business.

Carigamers

« Reply #1099 on: February 08, 2009, 01:27:12 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal