Author Topic: Panday & his boys sharing a cell  (Read 11805 times)

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
Re: Panday & his boys sharing a cell
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 12:30:15 PM »
good point an old points hidden

i also think it stupid to build a stadium in the wake of a crime fest

buh atleast dey eh tiefin de money

10 to 1 he geh touch in his pee pee place ^_^
hahahaha

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 12:30:15 PM »

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Master of the Dark Arts
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 12:50:09 PM »
Actually it looks like he'll be getting VIP treatment in the prison. Likely no contact with other prisoners, etc, and efforts will be made to accomodate any special requirements.

Panday may be many things...corrupt, a thief...you name it. But one thing he's not is stupid. If you ask me, he knows exactly what he's doing and he will be walking right out of there in due time.

Are you aware that when Carlos John was brought before the Magistrate...the officer who charged him never turned up and the charge listed no witnesses? The magistrate even went on to express how she does not appreciate a matter coming before her with nothing coming from the prosecution. Panday has been planning for and expecting this for a while now, notice how long he's been saying they'll arrest him soon. For better or for worse, this entire thing is going to backfire in a very bad way.
Have you ever wished things just were?
Blog: Council of One

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 09:41:15 PM »
For better or for worse, this entire thing is going to backfire in a very bad way.

Well said, and i agree with you whole heartedly. But i do perceive that this issue has only just begun and is about to get a whole lot messier. And please, to those who are naive enough to think that the ruling party has no control over the police service would do well to remember sideswipe's comment on the separation of powers boundaries being blurred in our banana republic. The examples of how to evict Sharma and the 2 B'dos fishermen who were released provide ample evidence to support political influence  in the Police Service. And that goes for whichever party is in power.

Needless to say the next few days should prove very interesting.

BTW - To those who believe that its just 1 political party who embezzles money when in power.... Think again. They all do it, its just who gets caught and how badly. And at the end of the day, ther only ones screwed are us  :huh: :angry:
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline Lionheart

• Genin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2005, 11:14:25 PM »
this country really gone to the dogs.
'Memories are nothing but tools to make you forget who you are now.'

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2005, 07:58:45 PM »
this country always belonged to the dogs ,  the PNM is just as corrupt as the UNC , just they have better control of the media ,  if you notice , everybody in the government is manning cousin /friend/ wife ! and all of them have the IQ of fried plantin .   Everyone in CEPEP positions related to the ministers/ mannning in some way , and no one sees a conflict of interest in all this . 
   Panday volunteered to go to jail for the boost to his popularity,  look at all the OTHER political leaders who went to jail , Mandela ,  Ghandi , Castro , jail does wonders for your rep  .
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2005, 07:58:45 PM »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 12:33:50 AM »
lol @ IQ of fried plantain.

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 07:43:16 PM »
boy i see one massive gatherin for d FREE BASDEO PANDAY campaign oui...dat ting was huge...wat i find tho is dis ting gettin out of hand.
political arguments in dis country always seems to hav a racial undertone, until dat get fixed we ent goin nowhere, in fact dat hav a little effect on d crime and poverty and ting too.
even dis one hav a racial issue rather dan d actual political issue...sad really

imagin though if manning was goin in jail?imagin how dat mighta be den?

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 08:02:18 PM »
Well, it's working. What is most amusing about this entire fiasco is it seems the PNM have repaired the UNC's internal fractures for them. Trevor Sudama is now back in the fold, and all indications are(I have my sources...) that Gillian Lucky, Faud Khan and Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj are also returning. There is a "surprise speaker" at tonight's meeting in Debe...I'll bet it's either RLM or Sudama.

Even more shocking was the NAR going up and offering to place its $3.5 million building up as collateral for Panday's bail if needed. They still say they have no intention of forming an alliance, but all the same that is a very bold position to take. They have also lashed out at Speaker Barry Sinanan for the indefinate suspension of MP Chandresh Sharma.

The entire thing is doing nothing but making the PNM look very bad and gaining the UNC tremendous political mileage. I'm also very interested in that RLM has stated he would give serious consideration to representing Panday in court if Panday so requested. That is a very high profile case. For him to make such a statement, and to say that the report during his tenure made no mention of Panday as current AG John Jeremie stated, he must know quite well that Panday's charges are likely politically drummed up and will not hold up in a court of law.

It's as I have said before...Panday refusing to take bail was the last thing they expected, and it has turned the entire scenario around with Panday and the UNC as the beneficiaries. Previously, I would have said they would need to do quite a bit to win the next elections including Panday stepping down as leader, bad a job as Manning and the PNM are doing with the country. Now however, I see little standing in the way of them winning the next elections, possibly with quite a landslide if things keep going the way they are now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 08:04:15 PM by SideSwipe »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2005, 09:59:53 PM »
You almost make it sound like the PNM should "intervene" to prevent the law from running it's course because it would be a "smart" political move. lol

Damned if you do, damned if you don't yet again.

1) "Allow" the police to arrest Panday
PNM accused of "controlling" the police and making a "politically motivated" arrest

2) Intervene and prevent the Police from arresting Panday
PNM accused of "meddling" in police business and safe guarding their political agenda, preventing the UNC from using the fiasco for mileage.

lol

That is always the thing with Politics. You cannot win.

There are brilliant people paid precisely to twist and turn any and every event to whichever view point desired.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 10:08:19 PM by [X]-Baego »

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 12:05:26 AM »
Very much so, damned if you do and damned if you don't...the problem here however is it seems very much as though the charges will not be able to stand in court given what we know so far. This with the peculiar timing leaves one to wonder if the PNM did in fact intervene, not the prevent the law from running its course but to speed it up. I have a feeling that if there were no political intervention, these charges would have been laid either years ago or never. However, Panday refusing his bail and forcing the entire thing into fast forward and drawing mass attention has made things quite bad for them.

I mean let's consider this for a moment...the Attorney General had knowledge of the arrest before it was made. The AG is a part of the government. Our system is such that it is easily manipulated by the party in power. It always has been, and will continue to be under any government until constitutional change is enacted.

That said, don't think I'm saying the UNC will do the constitutional reform they're badgering the PNM about today when they get back into power(at this point, I don't think it's an if but rather a when)...why would they? The existing one benefits the party in power at the time.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 12:18:06 AM »
Good point but this sort of thing is destined to be a mess no matter which way it goes.

On one hand, you have people who would love nothing better than to see politicians do serious jail time for corruption. Party Politics aside.

On the other hand, you have those that will turn said jail time into a Nelson Mandela affair.

Either way, if these guys are corrupt, as the nation seems to be convinced that they are, I'm all for the drama.

The only problem is that there is almost zero faith in the judicial system. Another "instrument" easily manipulated.

Even the car search people told me that they rather "conduct a scene" on the criminals before bringing them in, cause more often than not, the courts put 'em back out on the street.

Far less for such prestigious defendants.

What we need is a mc Justice League.

Batman and Superman idmc.

Offline virusone

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005, 03:28:08 AM »
What we need is a mc Justice League.

Batman and Superman idmc.

LOL

But you all must remember that which ever way this thing turns the true losers are us... THE PEOPLE......

Them fellas bread butter on both sides and the flickin crust too

Offline -Tetra_Myte-

• Genin
  • Chakra -2
  • We rise and we never fall....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 10:03:10 AM »
Well i mean come on isn't it a big joke....all of it?i don't think its funny

People getting shot almost everyday i see they running it two ppl every 24 hours....then there is kidnapping.....and the whole list

Look i think trinidadians are so accustomed to all this that the level of acceptance is disgusting....you hear ppl talking about change this and change that but i mean come on actions speak louder than words...

Think about it everytime you go to the grocery the bags getting lighter and the bills getting bigger everyone complains...yet i see no mass rally to run the minister of finance out?.....*eyes twitching as rage builds* then there is...Martin...Joseph...

WHY THE HELL this mc eh out of office yet? i mean come on ppl i sure i could be a better minister than he fuh sure i see enough CSI and The District to know how to deal with this crime situation....ok im straying

Mr. Panday obviously went to jail to make himself a martyr in the last days of his political career that kind of money should have been easy to dish out especially for him....smart move most intelligent polictians would have done it....the reason why this move was not predicted is beyond me..anyhow the PNM...no wait Mr. Manning is known to act first think later....he jus boosted the UNC into sure victory for the next election which isn't surprising...*anticipating the campaign commercials for next elections*

The way i see it is we need a new party but chances are ppl wont vote for them cause of the racial tensions that surround elections it all boils down to race in our "rainbow" country...so the way i see it we need a body who sees to it that things happen...that these criminals aka Polictians don't get away with that things that they do. This body must remain independant of polictics and work for  the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago. Then and only then can this nation shine.

Now who has the testicular fortitude to stand with me?

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 12:58:14 PM »
I have an iffy stance on a personal note. I agree fully what what you have said, Tetra. I also, while prefering the UNC to the PNM on the basis that both corrupt but only one actually did anything, see the UNC's flaws.

However, in Trinidad's political landscape, like most in the world...the two big parties will always be the two big parties with little room for the smaller ones. The case of the NAR was a coalition that involved the UNC anyway. We here are the next generation, plain and simple. While a third party may not be viable, we are the next set of entrants into the political landscape on both the PNM and the UNC. I may not be able to do this right now, but at some point I would like to get involved and make a difference. Not to run for any sort of office, but to at least be a part of the party and have a say in what is done. Have some sort of effect in keeping integrity and performance side by side.

I don't know about you guys, but I am totally fed up with the way this country has gone down the drain, particularly over the last 3 years. Every system in this country has failed. I long stopped showing up at sweat, know why? It's no longer safe to be out that hour, and I've since turned from the POV of my parents being far too paranoid over the situation to them just being realistic. The abduction and cold murder of a childhood friend and the personal targetting of my person are enough to make me realise just how bad it's gotten. Maybe it's just we don't realise until it hits home.

Enough of the drama. A third party can't work in our country, but we can get into the existing ones and change their future paths. I fear for this though, because looking around at my friends and colleagues...most people our age don't give a damn about these issues. They don't seem to realise just how much it impacts us. Everything from personal safety to the future of the economy rides on proper governance.

Offline -Tetra_Myte-

• Genin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2005, 09:13:30 AM »
Ok i think i may have mixed up my proposal. The thing is we need a group....a group of.....elightened individuals who stay away from who the party polictics and only see to it that the government which ever party is in power see to it that the citizens needs are met.

If the government fails to do something they are exposed. Now i know this may seem a little far fetched but just think about it. PNM in power UNC is victimised and visa versa every party isout to make the other look bad. Now i strongly believe if you did the crime then you do the time and i stand for no party i stand for no race i was born mixed so my decision will never be influenced by race. I detest people who are closet racist i think we have come to far as a nation to be like that but alas that is the society we live in.

So this is how it can work....put dougla people in the group of which i speak lol jus playing or find people who are truly not in it for the money or the power *i know will have look verrrry hard* but think about it cool?

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2005, 09:39:03 AM »
there are people like that but not enough to run the nation or even audit the government.

So long as they are forced to fill their ranks with corrupt individuals, chaos will rule.

As well intentioned as the heads maybe, if the rank and file don't have integrity, sweat buss.

Do you understand the sort of inspection required to tell if someone is corrupt or easily corruptable? They will have to visit family and friends, get testimonials, run sting operations, the works...before they could "certify" that individual as deserving of the post.

I don't envy them the task.

If such a group ever presents itself, you can rest assured they will get my vote.

Offline -Tetra_Myte-

• Genin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2005, 10:05:11 AM »
I wish i was old enough of funded enough to start it but hopefully somebody someday soon will come up with a simliar or better idea and save our beautiful country from the grips of these madmen who both came from prez san do

Great school btw i spent 7 years there so i suppose i shouldn't be in politics lol.

On a real though we can save our country we just need people who can stay focused long enough to last and see it through not just in it for the short term.

On the side allyuh eh find Bas looking like a badman? bet yuh next week he comming out with corn rows and a goatee.

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2005, 01:58:36 PM »
rofl. Truthfully that's because they didn't let him shave in there. Or have a radio, mirror, nuttin...it will be somewhat amusing if he does keep it, though I don't know how much good that'll make for public appearances!

Tetra, we have a group that is supposed to regulate corruption in the form of the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau, started around 1998 by then-AG Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj. This is not very effective because at the end of the day, the party in power can govern it. It would be nothing short of impractical however, for a small private body to regulate the government. Our government system is too easily abused, and has been long outgrown. This is why it is a definate must for constitutional reform.

At the end of the day however, it is the populace in general who can stop a corrupt government. If a government knows that its population is not going to vote them in or out specifically on race, but rather on their performance...then we will be set. However, our population, the masses, will take whatever is dished out as long as it is "their people" in power. What has to happen is a fundamental change in the way of thinking. The way of thinking coming up to elections should be more like:
Did this government rule with integrity?
Did they perform, moving the country forward and improving the standard of living?
Are we better off now than when they assumed office?
Do they stand for more socialist or capitalist values? Which do I want?
Are they more conservative or liberal? Which do I want?

These are the kinds of questions people should be asking themselves before voting a party into power. Before this happens, the populace in general has to change their way of thinking. Unfortunately, we still have a very third world way of thinking.

It is also a cycle. If the major political parties encourage such thinking, the population sticks with their old ways and encourage the parties to stick with it because they need to appeal to the masses to get their votes. It is only through getting the right people heard at the right times that a change can be made. I think that would be a much more viable plan than yet another body to be ignored or tarnished.

Offline -Tetra_Myte-

• Genin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2005, 03:52:45 PM »
How wonderful trinidad really is i can't wait for 20/20

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2005, 05:14:42 PM »
 we need :
  To  make stupidity a crime , therefore giving us the power to lock up the entire parliment , from there we establish a more total democracy, where the entire public participates in voting on most key issues eg. big money spending on a stadium , enviromental issues such as the aluminium smelter,  anti crime bill .
   We cut down those who work in parliment to a handful eg. 4 ,  and make their personal accounts available to the public    , so they can't do much tiefing .
   We make  rape , murder , kidnapping etc. capital offenses , and start hanging.... and anyone who does serious crimes 3 times and is charged eg. car theft ,  theft of large sums of money eg. 50 000 tt , the 3rd time they are executed . 
   Then we spend about 100 million dollars on training physcologists / physchiatrists and building offices for them to deal with our many mental  problems and predjudices , every other person has some serious mental problem in the country,  girls schools full of anexorics and self abusers who cut themselves ,  boys schools with physchos with no self control / conscience , most of the teachers we have  are half senile / insane from teaching  a class half full of nut cases too , it would also help us dispell issues like racism by explaining to people scientific facts that even the blondest  person has 50% african genes and 30% indian/ chinese genes .... and that racism is all in your head .
  Then we stop monopolies/ state owned enterprises like petrotrin, tstt, wasa , and spend enough money to give everyone a supply of water , cheap broadband  etc.  Build some factories that people can actually get jobs in eg. clothing manufacture , assembly plants for electronics  / mechanics . Revive the agricultureal sector , making cocoa , sugar , sweet potatoe etc.   Make our own steel pans , export canned / packaged doubles  / bake and shark to the US... become a first world country in 10 to 15 years tops.

But seeing as we can't pass any bills without parlimentary approval... step 1 . making stupidity a crime cannot be set in motion , so we are stuck with plan b , eat doubles , play games and complain .

http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Carigamers

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2005, 05:14:42 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal