Author Topic: THERE IS NO BEST ANIME  (Read 9605 times)

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« on: October 12, 2003, 08:55:55 PM »
yeah,thats right...no best.
there are some thats better then the others,but theres no best cus theres just too many and theyre all good
and!!yugioh is no way near to the best!!!

right now,hehehe,
im preferring X by CLAMP.
CLAMP and studio ghilbi rock!!!!

theres no worst anime either...but as much as i hate to say it,there are such things as boring anime.
like patlabor...which was such an insult to my mech....lovely mecha.....                    

Carigamers

THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« on: October 12, 2003, 08:55:55 PM »

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 10:22:04 PM »
1) No best anime? Are u new at this? u must be.

2) The Best Anime is NGE - Neon Genesis Evangelion. Best without rival or question of supremacy. This is so for 2 reasons:

a) NGE was the reason for the revival of the anime industry in Japan back in 1995 after the slump caused by crappy animes and saturation of the market. This movie was able to pull such public support that most the anime studios that we know today are alive because of it. Can u imagine having over 2 million ppl waiting for a week for the 2nd episode after only seeing a preview of the 1st? That is power along the lines of Harry potter book 5.

B) NGE will F*** u up big time. Over 3 million Japanese movie goers we affected emotionally by this series and after seeing the end movie were unable to cognitively process and appreciate what they had seen. It was like the movie wasn't just a compendium of colour and animation, but a portrayal of the basic tenents of human emotion and cognition that lie within us all. The ideas and theories it presents (and presents incredibly in a variet of art forms) reach such an astronomical level on the plain of human comprehension that nothing since has been able to touch it......3 million ppl saw the end movie in 1 month and the majority who had seen the entire series and followed it with healthy interest we unable to speak after the movie for about 15 minutes......this is fact......a psychological study was done and NOTHING has been drawn from it save that the movie goers were just unable to process what they had just seen. It was that incredible.

what other anime did that?

NONE.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 10:36:32 PM »
smurf the guy is right , its like having an argument over what game is the best , statistics and other studies may show some very impressive findings however the fact remains that the best and worst are all in the eye of the beholder. For me the best anime i have seen is Princess Mononoke , that's just my opinion , because you consider another anime to be the best is no reason to beat down on the other guy who likes something else . Too much bullcrap usually follows and not to mention it makes both persons look like n00bish fanboys                    

Offline Chrono-X

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 12:02:45 AM »
I won't say there's a best anime but each person would have their favorite for whatever reason. As for me it's Neon Genesis Evangelion without a doubt in the universe.                    

0wn1n9 j00r 8453 51nC3 1999 w17H Yu1

Offline ~Psycho^Dunpeal~

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Boot Camp 2005
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 12:19:31 AM »
yeah.. i have to agree with that... evangelion is by far the best that i've seen.....                    

Carigamers

THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 12:19:31 AM »

Offline Flippant

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 02:04:02 PM »
wtf smurf have so many posts??!!!
anyway NGE is one of the best, but simply because we all have different perspectives/occupy different positions in space-time we cannot perceive things in an identical manner.
Lain had much more effect on me mentally and emotionally than end of evangelion simply because i had read fiction and had life experiences that were in ways similar to NGE years before seeing it. nuff said.                    

Offline QDizzle

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 03:25:57 PM »
lol smurf doh spam is i who does spam anyways evangelion hadda be d best even doh muh partner real bennin to len mih it i hear it real decent                    

Offline BourbonNinja

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 08:53:50 PM »
It was very dread but there really is no best if u think of all the anime u have ever watched in your life                    

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 09:40:32 PM »
I see thou hast not seen the whole of evangelion Rb.....therefore u don't know about "the effect".....being a lover of anime and a man of much anime experience I forsee u becomin engrossed in the series with time.......and I am sure u will have such esteem for the series that the end movie will render u speechless.                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 11:01:18 AM »
U know what I'm not a big fan of mecha anime.So Evangelion holds little influence over me.                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline vinion2000

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: TakeBusHead
  • XBL: TakeBusHead
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 01:29:20 PM »
NGE was good in my book till i saw Rahxephon. then it just became another Gear anime, what does say? theres always a better anime to be seen or made. up to a point no one could convince me otherwise that macross plus wasnt the best anime ever made. the sound track surpassed anything that manga had ever made. then you see an anime like FLCL and Earth girl arjuna ( coincidently the songtracks for both Earth girl Arjuna and macross plus are done by the same artist, a cookie for who can guess who it is) and you then quietly adjust your expectation level.

using smurf's analogy one can say Akira is the best anime ever since it maginalized the influence of anime world wide. it ustilised then new animation techniques which made it one of the best animation of its time. it is still the largest selling anime of all time. the akira special edition cd sold out on release in many stores. it is the anime that everyone remembers when they talk about anime.
we could say spirited away is the best cause its the first anime to win a oscar.
or even princess mononoke with its awards at the canns and canadian film festivals.

yet in the end i guess its left to personal preference. ill stick with FLCL for now.                    
If I enjoy eating chicken does that make me a stereotype

or a fat bastard?

Offline Chrono-X

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 06:43:39 PM »
Just like games, some anime would leave everlasting good memories in your mind. It will vary to one's tastes and personality.                    

0wn1n9 j00r 8453 51nC3 1999 w17H Yu1

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 10:20:05 PM »
Very right chrono......

Choose what appeals to you, watch what u like........at the end of the day u bow to NGE.                    

Offline sephirothschick

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 11:20:26 PM »
in my opinion, the best anime has to be perfect, that includes perfect story line, char development, char design, and most importantly to me.. perfect art. now there is no way of telling perfect art, that in itself is another complicated issue because everyone has their own style... so due to human error.. there can be no best... but im sure there is a worst. just that it sucks so much no one knows about it.                    

Offline ~Psycho^Dunpeal~

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Boot Camp 2005
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2003, 12:08:44 AM »
well vampire hunter d bloodlust was bad... really bad to be exact.... but still nge ownz.....
ah watch over the ENTIRE series AND movie this weekend gone.....                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2003, 12:25:35 AM »
What can I say Ghost in the Shell is my fav anime movie and Naruto  is my fav series.                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 09:10:53 PM »
u can have a favourite,yeah,im not gonna argue with that...
but i will argue that there is no best anime.cus theres too many and human nature etc...
mecha is my all time favourite.ive also seen all EVA,and im an EVA fan,but EVA isnt the best anime,correct mi if im wrong,but the 'best' anime would have to appeal to everyone ne?EVA doesnt.altho its exceptionally good.
:)                    

Offline ~Psycho^Dunpeal~

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Boot Camp 2005
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 09:51:11 PM »
stand alone complex REAL bad... ah mean is like even the startin song REAL bad... u hear that? tis the SECOND anime theme song that really impressed me... the first was selduvet for  lain.....                    

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 10:02:03 PM »
Well paine the best anime won't really appeal to everyone as there will always be soem ppl who are not of the cognitive maturity to appreciate the miracle that is eva. So it won't appeal to these ppl. It's like lovin SOF2 when Battlefield and Savage exist cause u too
untactical to play BF & Savage. But for real anime conosseiurs, eva is the greatest feast.

This does not mean that other anime are not good or exceptional....heavens no. There are some incredible anime out there and thse are the likes of Princess Mononoke, Spriggan, etc. But NGE reaches above the realm of good and exceptional....it touches flawless.....                    

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2003, 10:30:49 AM »
well... there can be great anime,but not really a best... if i had to say a best anime,i'd hav to go with rurouni kenshin... i mean,its a legend inside and outside the anime ne?                    

Carigamers

THERE IS NO BEST ANIME
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2003, 10:30:49 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal