Author Topic: Street Fighter games (and related) Challenge  (Read 37035 times)

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
  • Whipped Street Fighter Aristocrat
    • PS2, PS3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Street Fighter Perfect Project
  • PSN: ShinUltima
Street Fighter games (and related) Challenge
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:43:26 PM »
The premise is simple: I challenge anyone to a game of Street Fighter or Street Fighter related game, with the exception of the abominable SF EX series. Games can be SF2 series, SF3 series, CvS1 (ugh), CvS2, Xmen vs. SF (XSF), Marvel Superheroes vs. SF (MSF), Marvel vs. Capcom 1, or Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I have tournament experience in the US, with the exceptions of SF2:Turbo and Super Turbo, you have very little chance of victory. But I'm really looking for someone to play against... I have neither the time nor the inclination to just go to random arcades (that are bgetting scarcer by the day) and beat people up any more.

I have declared that no one in Trinidad knows how to play any Street Fighter game post-Sf2 properly, and here is your chance to prove me wrong.

I'll also challenge anyone in Guilty Gear XX/XX# Reload. I'm not that good at these two games, but I suspect that no one else is that good either, so it should be even, if not in my favour.

Note: I only play on a joystick. So if an arcade machine is not available, I will bring my own PS2 joystick. I have a USB adapter that enables me to play on PC. I used to have a PS2->Dreamcast converter, but I don't know what happened to it. I don't have an PS2->XBox converter, unfortunately. If Xbox is involved, I would need a converter, if the USB version does't work.

For anyone interested, they can contact me in the following ways:

e-mail: shinultima@yahoo.com
phone: 795-9783

Since I work, I'm really only available on Saturdays afternoons. I might be able to swing a weekday during the day, but it's very unlikely.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
Ultima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
Street Fighter Perfect Project

Carigamers

Street Fighter games (and related) Challenge
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:43:26 PM »

Offline Red Paradox

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 18
  • life on the edge
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/red.paradox
  • CPU: Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor
  • GPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G VR Ready Gaming Graphics Card – Turing Architecture
  • RAM: HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4
  • BattleNet ID: flip85#1750
  • MBL: Honor 10
  • Origin ID: 85FLiP
  • PSN: Flippay1985
  • Steam: FLiP
Re: Street Fighter games (and related) Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:49:03 PM »
Do you play Mortal Kombat 2 I want to challenge somebody in that.....for about 3 months now!!  :angry:

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »
ultima from srk right ?

i won't be much of a challenge but i'll play you in 3s and #r anyways :)

rbakshi22@hotmail.com to arrange a time or something

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:35:15 PM »
I'll take you on.

SSF2T
ST2     
SF3S   
CvS2   
GGXX

Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Offline SABREWOLF3001

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
  • **MY LUST FOR BEAUTY WILL NEVER END**
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »
Sounds Interesting indeed....I accept to the following:
SSF2T
Hyper SF2
SF3S
CVS2
XvsSF
MvsSF
MVC 1&2
NOTHING COMES BEFORE STYLE AND BEAUTY

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 07:05:51 PM »
Har. And har, again.
I'll take you on in Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2, Ultima. You're about to eat some major crow.

Arrange something with me here: neweraoutlaw@hotmail.com

Offline 38_CalibuR

• Chunin
  • Chakra -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
any money involved
None of the cool kids have signatures...

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 09:26:18 PM »
Of course...there's transportation costs, gaming costs, food costs and then you always have to pay attention when playing which is always taxing.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 11:10:14 PM by Imperial_X »
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline SABREWOLF3001

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
  • **MY LUST FOR BEAUTY WILL NEVER END**
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 12:42:46 AM »
Of course...there's transportation costs, gaming costs, food costs and then you always have to pay attention when playing which is always taxing.
Lol
NOTHING COMES BEFORE STYLE AND BEAUTY

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 04:14:54 AM »
Got my matches in Saturday gone.  Made for an interesting experience on all counts.

Played
SF3s
SF AE
GGXX
CvS2

I must say  I never knew how retarded champ edition bison was.
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 10:24:45 AM »
I was witness to those beatings.

awesome display of skill.

Most times the scores were pretty tied up between imperial and ultima

5 - 5

21 - 21

Tight competition iwmc.

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 08:41:38 AM »
Hey folks. My report on the proceedings, in a little more detail:

To start, let me say that I have indeed been proven wrong about "no one in Trinidad knows how to play Third Strike". Imperial_X is a really good player overall, one of the best I've encountered here. I'm glad to see that I can no longer take for granted that TnT is scrubville. With that out of the way:

Hyper Street Fighter 2: In shot, my Bison ran roughshod over all. Imperial_X is definitely a competant SF2 player, but wasn't quite ready for a Bison of my experience level. When it came to other characters, though, my performance was considerably more hit and miss and it was far more even. I did decently well with Blanka and, oddly enough, Honda. I did okay with Sagat and Vega too. My Guile and Balrog were pretty terrible. I was especially disappointed in 'Rog. True, my 'Rog is not good, but he should have still done a lot better than he did. And as usual, my shotos are awful. I don't know why I even bother. He was really good with Ken, Ryu and Sagat, and okay with Guile.

Capcom vs. SNK2: I got my ass washed in this game. HARD. Mostly I got raped by Sagat. He had R2 Sagat on all his teams, and it almost always came down to his R2 Sagat who would nearly always beat the hell out of me in all sorts of retarded ways. I also got beasted on pretty badly by Ken, surprisingly. And A-Groove fucked the hell out of me. For my part, Rolento and Bison did the best that they could. I think my Rolento is better than his, but his is more dangerous thanks to him being far more adept at A-Groove, which meant that he got more chances to do damage. My Bison did okay when he had a lead, but still got shut down pretty badly quite often since, all of a sudden, LK Double Knee Press pressure wasnt as safe as I remember it being. Dunno if I was spacing it wrong or what, but I was getting CCed and Tiger Uppercutted after that thing got blocked regularly, which I don't remember happening before. And Imperial_X claims he was better before. So yeah: CvS2 was a wash out for me. Well done sir.

Guilty Gear XX: The last time I fought anyone good in this was in early 2003,and I only got to play it against high level competition for a month or so. I did... okay in this. I wasted a lot of time early on trying to remember what attacks were placed where and how certain moves came out, plus a lot of unnecessary flailing. When not facing Sol, it was pretty even overall. He has a mean Johnny and Axl. I was annoying with Jam, scrubby with Baiken, and somewhat dangerous with Potemkin. I did okay with Sol, but only as long as I wasn't facing his Sol. His Sol pretty much went on a rampage over mine, and most of my other characters, though there were times it depended on who got the drop on who first. He claims it was even. I'm not so sure; I think had he played with more Sol, I would have won a lot less.

Third Strike: This was the main event, apparently. Overall, I think this was slightly in his favour as well, though again, Imperial_X claims it was equal. I think he was merely being gracious. He had far more vicious beatdowns on me than the other way around (damn ccharacter specific corner cross ups). I managed to hold my own with my circa-2000 tactics, but he was definitely more in tune with the game than I was. More parries, more hit-confirms, etc. He was definitely better at the "Third Strike" part of Third Strike, much of whih also happens to be the part of the game I detest the most and never bothered to get good at. The only reason I managed to get any wins at all is probably due to my greater years of experience. Anyway, my Alex did pretty good, thanks to an old tactic (Elbow Slash -> Stun Gun Headbutt) that I'm surprised he didn't know how to get out of, but I'm sure it won't last. Q did okay at first but Imperial_X managed to catch on and made it really tough to win with Q, which is something that I hadn't experienced in this country before today. My Hugo did okay. Yang, when I brought him out, did okay, Oro didn't do too bad. Actually, with the exception of Urien, all my characters did okay. My Urien was awful. His Urien is much better than mine. I need to practice more unblockable stuff and better combos. His shotos were all really good (blasted c.LK, c.LK -> super). His Dudley seemed to be pretty dangerous, but I didn't fight it that much. His Alex and Hugo were very competant. I wouldn't necessarily say they were better than mine, but I think he did better in same player match ups. I traditionally suck at same player matches since I'm so used to having my characters fight every one else, not themselves.

Overall, I guess I didn't do too bad. Imperial_X was ready for me. It had to happen sooner or later. I couldn't expect the player base in this country to remain shitty and "Ken for life" forever. So I guess it's a good thing that I no longer have to travel to the US to get schooled. I dunno if I'll ever get to be top dog again though, cause I'm too far behind on the current games, and in general I'm getting too old for this shit. It would take more effort than I'm willing to put in. I already got in a lot of trouble with the significant other for coming home late as it was, so there's no telling when I'll be able to play again. *sigh* :p

Once again, well done sir. I salute you. ^_^
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:44:01 AM by Ultima »

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »
Har. And har, again.
I'll take you on in Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2, Ultima. You're about to eat some major crow.

Arrange something with me here: neweraoutlaw@hotmail.com

Maybe so. But we shall see...

That is, assuming we can find working arcade MvC1 and MvC2 machines here. Preferably in a non-ghetto area. Last I checked, I know there was a MvC2 machine in Arima (where I got a bac-to-back 25 and 27 win streaks once upon a time), but I also got silently mugged there. >:|

E-mail has been sent, BTW.

38_CalibuR:

No. Even if I were 100% guaranteed victory, I don't play for money (not counting tournaments, of course).

SABREWOLF3001:

Call me sir and we'll see if we can arrange something like Imperial_X and I did. :p

Though I have to warn all concerned: I was somewhat in the dog house for a while with the wife-to-be for coming back late on Saturday. So I'm not sure exactly when I'll be let out again to play. I am SO whipped. ^_^

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 10:25:33 AM »
excellent report Ultima.

It would be a shame if the wifey made you hang up your gloves.

Someone of your calibur is a welcome addition to the scene.

Try getting her into Anime or movies and that way she can tag along and be entertained in our internet/anime room for a few hours.

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 10:59:41 AM »
Only places I know with MVC2 machines are Galactica in Gulf City and the Airport.

Anyways I replied to your email Ultima. Hope to hear from you soon.

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
[X]-Baego:

Heh. No, I don't think wifey will make me hang up my gloves or anything. I explained this to her a while back that this is part of who I am. I don't really have any other hobbies, and this one I indulge in very seldomly (the last time I played against someone who challenged me was last year... August I think? Can't remember). So she understands. I just screwed up a bit by coming home a lot later than she was expecting. It didn't help that current went and she was home alone in darkness. So she was a tad pissed when I got home, but we made up quickly. :p

As for getting her interesting in anime.. HELL NO. *I* don't even give a shit about anime any more, far less. I ran an anime FTP when I was in school (400+GB dump site), and after running that for a year and half, I realised that, much like everything else, 90% of anime is shit and I don't watch it any more. I've long since moved onto Japanese drama (the wifey likes this stuff, at least the two that I've shown her so far; that stuff is addicting), and I'm sure tht I'd be sick of that too if I came across it in huge volumes like I did with anime. :|

rb:

Piarco's MvC2 machine hasn't worked in months. I can't remember the last time it was even turned on.

Gulf City (this is in Sando right?) would probably be a better choice.

Reply sent, BTW.

A bonus blast from the past for those of you who care and have plenty of free time on your hands: Here is my tournament report from the East Coast Championships 4 (featured games: SFA3, SFA2, SF2T, SSF2T, SF3:2I and MvC1), posted on alt.games.sf2 (SRK's predecessor) on June 1st, 1999. Note that this report is LOOOOOOOONG:

http://groups.google.tt/group/alt.games.sf2/msg/2e90ddc66678284c?&q=Ultima+ECC4+report
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:14:39 PM by Ultima »

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 04:15:18 PM »
I had completely forgotten that the weekend after next is Easter Weekend.

Not only that, but the wife-to-be won't be here! She has to go to Miami to find a dress or something.

Of course, that means that Easter Weekend is go time. ^_^

Note: She was the one who reminded me about the long weekend and the fact that she wouldn't be here. So no, it doesn't look like she'll be forcing me to hang up my gloves any time soon. Yay! :D

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 10:23:28 PM »
good for you.

More WAR!

yeah, too much of a good thing can be bad, as you mentioned with the anime.

I'm very selective in the titles viewed. Top rated only.

That leaves 90% of the anime out there off my radar.

But there is no shortage of mainstream  media to get her hooked on all the same. Regular movies and tv series can be equally entertaining. (As I've recently found out with "LOST")

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 12:21:55 PM »
wat so abominable about the EX series?

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »
wat so abominable about the EX series?
I didn't know ghosts make posts.

Anyway, Ultima, good games.  I was expecting a more rugged performance in the CvS2 but I guess that's how things turned out that day.  There are some 3s players who want to get their shot at you at Tech but I don't know if I'll be able to organize that.  Most likely I'll be working this weekend and the one after that. 

I'll see you around sometime before I die hopefully.

Dust....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:00:06 PM by Imperial_X »
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal