Author Topic: !EVERYTHING! PS3  (Read 651677 times)

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
  • A Samurai That Serves The 1 True King Jesus Christ
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
  • CPU: Intel QuadCore 2.8Ghz / ASUS Striker II Extreme
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti
  • RAM: 8.0 Ghz DDR3
Re: !EVERYTHING! PS3
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 03:10:06 PM »
wonder if theres going to be an emulator?! lol
The world of the gods lies unburied in our minds.
There are no Pacts between Lions & Men...

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 03:10:06 PM »

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
  • Walk softly....and carry a big gun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 06:28:26 PM »
wonder if theres going to be an emulator?! lol

lol, maybe if i had a supercomputer...I dont think that there is anything that really matches up to this right now

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 08:37:51 PM »
I really was contemplating weather or not to make a new thread for this,cause this is REAL big news....

Last week, the Mainichi Daily News quoted Sony Computer Entertainment officials as saying the PlayStation 3 would be priced at under 50,000 yen ($465.58). Now it appears that the console may be even cheaper when it goes on sale next year.

Today, Japanese Web site Impress PC Watch reported that SCE has told its business partners that the PS3 will be under 40,000 yen ($370) at launch. The news has spurred speculation that the company might launch the machine with the same price it set for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Both machines were priced at 39,800 yen ($368) when they launched in 1994 and 2000, respectively.

Sony's PS3 will be competing with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Revolution in the next-generation console wars. When it launched in Japan in 2002, Microsoft's current-generation Xbox was priced at 34,800 yen ($322). The company has been shaving down the console's cost since then, and it currently sells at 17,640 yen ($163).

Nintendo's GameCube made its debut in 2001 at 25,000 yen ($231)--the lowest launch price of the three current-generation home consoles. The GameCube continues to be the lowest priced console on the market, currently marked down to 14,000 yen ($130). Nintendo has never priced any of its past consoles higher than 25,000 yen at launch, which could well be the same case for the Revolution. During E3, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated that he hopes to "keep the Revolution at a price range that anyone can reach out for, and nothing as high as 50,000 yen ($463)."

PlayStation fans rejoice! I know a lot of you weren't annoyed about how good the thing is, but how it costed. Hopefully, no worries on that one. This thing packs more punch than the computer you are reading this on, and it's a quarter (well, for me) of the price.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126410.html

Offline Lionheart

• Genin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 06:24:16 PM »
I'll be  getting a ps3 as long as final fantasy is on it
'Memories are nothing but tools to make you forget who you are now.'

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 06:27:02 PM »
I don't know about you, but I WANT that new Final Fantasy game that's coming out for the PS3.
The sequel to Final Fantasy 7, that is.
SERIOUS OWNAGE.

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 06:27:02 PM »

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 07:00:18 PM »
If your talking about advent children, then thats for the PSP, and its gonna be a movie. There is a sequel comming out for ps2 with Vincient, its gonna be a shooter not an RPG. I really dont know what your talking about tho new_era_outlaw. I dont think that there are any FF games for the ps3 just yet, cause look at how long it took for there to be a FF game on ps2. Got a link new_era_outlaw (im not doubting, but, i really wanna see it for my self) ? Cause that would be kick a$$!

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 07:35:49 PM »
What sequel ?? All the FF fanboys are going crazy over a tech demo , which just looks like a advent children teaser. I still don't see why people getting there hopes up.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 06:59:04 PM »
Perhaps I did jump to conclusions, but it did seem to me that the trailer had an alternate title to 'Advent Children' on it, leading me to believe that it was a game based on the Advent Children movie.

And yes, Protojoe, I do know about the sequel to Final Fantasy 7 starring Vincent. It's called 'Dirge of Cerberus'.
I'm afraid I don't possess any links to the trailer that I saw (I saw it on the PS3 demo on G4TV), I do, however, have a link which provides a few tidbits about the new game starring Vincent:

http://www.ffspirit.net/ff/7dc/index

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 11:56:23 PM »
Oh, your talking about the tech demo for the ps3 using the opening scene of FFVII. They say that its real time...

Anyway, heres the link for it at gamespot, you have to be a member to download, but you can stream for free

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/media.html?gcst=finalfantasyVIItd_gp_ps31_051605.asx

Thats what they showed at sony's E3 conference. I got that, sadly at the ending they said that square had no plans to remake FFVII at this point in time (although they would rake in millions if they do)

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2005, 10:42:03 PM »
Damn. Guess I was wrong.
But you know, Square-Enix would OWN if they did a game based on Advent Children, cause.....DAMN.

Offline Lionheart

• Genin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 10:49:59 AM »
They have no plans to make a remake of ff7.
They were just showing how the game would look on ps3.
But dont worry plans are there to make one for the ps 3........the game will probably be shown at E3 next year,
'Memories are nothing but tools to make you forget who you are now.'

Offline maxh

• Academy Student
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2005, 08:17:18 PM »
What do you guys think of the ps3's controller. Kinda wierd.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 08:21:24 PM by maxh »

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »
Well, the controler is a conceptual controler, so it isnt final, and due to the vast number of complaints that sony would have gotten about the contoler, they woulf change if for the final release.

Offline god of games

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2005, 06:35:19 PM »
Ps3 lookin hott, i am definately gettin one!!!!!

Offline Netizen1

• Global Moderator
  • Kage
  • Chakra 10
  • save de Earth, iz de only planet with chocolate!
    • :ps3: :psp:
    • View Profile
    • Trinidad Christian Center
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • PSN: Netizen1
  • Steam: Netizen1
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2005, 08:12:54 PM »
sign me up too... Whatever FF they bring will be my first game on this new system (and yes, I also prayin to see the remake of FFVII come to life despite Square-Enix denying it)

Offline Shogun

• Chunin
  • Chakra 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2005, 07:02:59 PM »
first game to get on PS3, has to be either metal gear solid four or tekken 6!

Offline Battalion

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
  • No matter how small the stone, it can kill a giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 04:54:17 PM »
MMMM!!!. so sleek so tasty will be mine.... eventually. Stop naggin on the controller and think of the useful possibilites. Your little brother trying to sneak away with your favourite game fling the cntroller at him, it's perfect balance will help even the most cockeye gamer and its handy cord will allow you to drag hte sucker back in. Or the cold drink you forget in the kithcen with some handy ricoheteing its right in hand.
I am the true and only ARMY of ONe.

We all have demons, I just embrace mine readily.

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2005, 11:27:12 PM »
When I read this, all I could have done was hold my head and bawl!

Playstation 3 Uncovered!

PSM's information came from developers. Some on the record, some off.

....particularly when it comes to ease of development for the system: how it cmpares to PS2, and more importantly, Xbox 360. "The *****ing this round sounds opposite of the last. Both are friendly, but the PS3 may actually be friendlier," reports one of out PS2 and Xbox 360 development sources, who wished to remain anonymous. "People are finding that the [xbox] 360 has some stupid bottlenecks."

Developers will soon learn more about the ins-and-outs of creating PS3 games, as Sony has started taking orders for final development hardware to be delivered by December. At that time, game creators will be able to tell just how much mroe extra polish they can put on their titles without worrying about them crapping out on a retail PS3.

Quote:

The latest on PS3's power
"Once we have final hardware for both next-gen systems, we'll have a much better idea of how they caompare, but the general consensus right now is that the PS3 is considerably more powerful than the X360 across the board," said another source. "It's important to get a good idea of which is the most powerful soon, since multi-platform games will need to be either ported down from PS3 to 360 or vice-versa."

Speaking of multi-platforming games, another of our next-gen contatcts chimed in with the following when we asked them, flat out, which system will ultimatelyl have the best looking games. "Only the games that are exclusive to tiether system will be real technical showcases,"adding "There will be strong points for each, but the cross platform games will most likely look and perform almost identically."

Quote:
PS3's Promising Online Support

In addition to all of the cool Wi-Fi-based PSP to PS3 functionality we've previously reported Sony is working on (transferring media and save data between the two anywhere in the world at a hotspot), there's some actual news to report on the online gameplay front. not only that, it's pretty good. (Although the gradual diminishing of Sony's PS2 online plans over that console's life will always have us taking their goals in this department with a grain of salt.)

PS3 is slated to have an actual online community ready to back it up on day one, complete with friend tracking, message services, and a central hub for everything. If it sounds like xbox Live, it should. Sony has been folloowing M$'s moves, and, well, plans to copy most of them, according to our sources. "They [Sony CEA] have a whole division that was put in place after the Network Adaptor was released for PS2 that bascially dropped focus on PS2 and moved to planning the PS3," says one designer working on an online PS3 title. "They knew that early that they were not going to compete during the current gen."

Quote:
Ramping up for an early release?
There's been a lot of talk about Sony's E3 2005 proclamation that PS3 would ship in the spring of 2006. A lot. Would it be in Japan only, or were they talking about the U.S. too? Questioned further on the topic, Sony execs have since stuck to their guns, saying that the system would be available worldwide before next summer. Is that even posssible?

Yes. However, there's the question of launch games and system price. (Ok, here it goes into some things about what Ken Kutaragi said (and a few other things) about the pricing, but we all already know about that so I wont' post it)

PS3 will have a limited playable presence at TGS 2005. Sony has told PSm to expect a significant presence for the system at January's CES in Las Vegas. If a March launch does occur, it owuld be accompanied by only a couple of first-party titles, another two to three from EA, and one title at most from their other thrid parties. Madden NFL football developer Tiburon has had PS3 dev hardware longer than almost any other U.S. developer. Rockstar North has had stable kits since at least August 2005.

There's a lot of talk among the PS3 developer community about the importance of being firt-to-market, or at least not letting M$ get too much of an installed base before PS3 ships. The general feeling is that Sony considers xbox 360 to be a possible contender in this generation, so they're not going to just rest on their laurels. In fact, developers report that Sony Japan is taking a much more hands-on role in the U.S. luanch of PS3 than it did with PS2 or PSP. Shades of the PS2 luanch, there.

Quote:
GTA 4: Rebuilt from the Ground Up

The next GTA game is going to look really good. Actually, maybe that should be feel really good. It's a no-brainer that on the most powerful games console yet, one of our favorite series will have better graphics. But, base on developer Rockstar North's technical research, GTA4 will be more about immersion than just mere eye candy.

Rockstar North is creating a specialized game engine for PS3 that will bring GTA 4 to life to a degree that the PS2 games could only hint at. Speciafially, they're going to be using the high data transfer bandwidth of the Cell CPU, RSX GPU, and Blu-ray Disc to use several streams of game info simultaneously. The game's city- unfortunately yet to be even hinted at- will still be free roaming and seamless, but broken down into smaller, more deatailed areas at the engine level, into which the game designers are going to eb able to pour more textures, more oject variety, and tons of details (such as discareded soda cans with their own physics), just for starters. The goal is a city that's less repetitive and where everything - and everyone- looks and acts mroe like they would in the real world on every level.

MGS 4 Becomes a War Zone

One source has described the game to PSM as "a cross between Rambo and Black Hawk Down," with Solid Snake plunged into the middle of a high-intesntiy urban war zone where artillery is taking out cover all aroudn him and AI controlled "sidekicks" fight alongside him as if they were actual human-controlled characters. The new 3D camera will paly a big role in surviving the fight quarters and constantly changing cover. (Shadowofomioc: DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL)

Kojima has an update on teh game planned for TGS.

Now onto the new list of the gamelineup for the PS3...

Quote:
The PS3 Game Lineup So Far

Activision
Spider-Man 3

Bandai
Mobile Suit Gundam

EA
NFSU 3
Madden NFL 2007
Medal of Honor
NBA Live 2007
Fight Night Round 3
Def Jam 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
New SSX
New Burnout

Majesco
The Darkness

Buena Vista Interactive
Pirates of the caribbean: dead man's chest

Capcom
Return of a "beloved fighting franchise" ( Super Street Fighter?)
New Ghouls N' Ghosts ( oh hell yes )
DMC 4
RE 5

Rockstar
GTA 4
Western-themed action game (likely Red Dead Revolver 2)

Sony
New Team ICO project ( !!! )
Genji 2
Warhawk
I-8
The Getaway 3
Killzone 3 ( first time its ever been actually 3 )
GT 5
New Hot Shots Golf
MotorStorm
Eyedentify
Heavenly Sword
Formula One 2007
New Wipeout ( OOOO YEAAAH )

Sony Online Entertainment
Marvel comics MMORPG (thought this was going to be exclusive to XB360?)
Untitled Fantasy MMORPG

Namco
Tekken 6
Ridge Racer 6

Eidos
Tomb raider Next-gen

Lucas Arts
Star Wars: Clone Wars
indiana Jones (launch with new movie)

Konami
MGS4
Suikoden V
Castlevania

Midway
UT 2007
Mortal Kombat
Stranglehold

Atair
Test Drive Unlimited

THQ
New WWE Project

Sega
Fifth Phantom Saga
Sonic The Hedgehog
Condemned: Criminal Origans

Tecmo
Fatal Frame 4

Ubisoft
Prince of Persia 4
Killing Day

Koei
Ni-oh

Also in developemnt...
Dark Secotr, Dirty Harry, Battle Angel, Alita, Project Avalon, Endless Saga, Lair, Possession, Death Jr., Metronome, Psychopath, FF XIII, Alan Wake

Ok, well it wasnt like it was something we didnt already know or speculate, but atleast we know most of it is true :D

Offline Kaizen

• Sannin
  • Chakra 7
  • Captain Crunch mofos.
    • PsP,Ps2,Ps3,xbox 360,Nintendo Wii,Nintendo Ds
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 740qm
  • GPU: Nvidia 460gtxm
  • RAM: 16 gigs ddr3
  • PSN: Kaiz_tt
  • XBL: kaiztt
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2005, 05:43:20 PM »
hands down i will be copping a ps3 but..DAMNNNN homey all this war between consoles lets wait till 360 comes out to see if its a hit or not ..cant blame the industry thats how it is
for now though whenever ps3 comes along ill hop unboard
as if this moment for the christmas term ^_^ !PDZ cometh!

Offline vinion2000

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: TakeBusHead
  • XBL: TakeBusHead
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 03:51:43 AM »
the problem with the ps3 isnt the fact that its going to be the hottest thing on the market, its when is it going to be on the market and how much of its was really just hype. i would like to remind ppl that when watching E3  footage remember that these are "TECH-DEMOS" and just like the demos for your G-cards may not be seen in regular games. i remember when we saw the demos for the ps2. the mostly looked like God of war and we were shock at how powerfull the PS2 was. Sony was mouthing that they represented what they evisione for the system. it made the Dreamcast look really shitty. yet its at the end of its lifespan that we are getting the games that really use the system to ist fullest
now thats leads to how much of those "TECH-DEMOS" are in real time? and how many were actual demos? for those who dont know some developers use rendered videos are demos of expected gameplay ( example the game from monolith with the guy with the two guns ) we know for sure the Unreal 2007 gameplay was real but then the U3 engine was as spectacualr as what we saw with Killzone2 "TECH-DEMO". i think if it wasnt for ID showing up there would be little credibility to what sony was showing. many believe that the killzone was renedered and some believe that its just speeded up to look like its real time.
i think that gates is bankin on this possibilty and thats why he's rushing the 360. it explained the prerelease  before E3. true the 360 isnt the huge leap that sony is promising but  most games were playable especially gears of war and they look superior to what we have now. you know what to expect from the 360 and its going to sell until ppl see what sony really has on the table. if its a good poker hand the 360 is dead, if its a bluff then gates did what he set out to do. take a bite out of sony's market share.
If I enjoy eating chicken does that make me a stereotype

or a fat bastard?

Carigamers

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 03:51:43 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal