Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT GRAVEYARD  (Read 128590 times)

Offline (SS)~Marine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Anime City 8 Yu Gi Oh Championship Results
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »
congrats again C&B, well done                    
A Fool knows no fear. A hero shows none

Carigamers

« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »

Offline D'TITAN

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: TriniAF
« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2004, 05:05:31 PM »
Congratulations to all who participated and won.
 :clap:                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2004, 06:32:23 PM »
Well the tourney was good....Have to give props to Showtime though, that was the hardest fought 1st round matchup I EVER had! :) And also to NEO, we fought it out tough there, we always trade match for match, though this time u ended up winning. And to C&B, Chaotic and all the other GATTers that came out, keep it up! Just goes to show...we have the best here!! :D                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Can you see in the dark?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2004, 06:56:04 PM »
Afetr losing yesterday, i don't know if I'm as good as i claim to be anymore, my spirit is broken. It's hard for me to admit it but it's true. From the looks of things, i might be pullin out and givin away my cards.................................If anyone has any words of wisdom for me please let me know, because i'll be makin my decision tonight.......................Any words of inspiration fellas.

WTF am I hearing?!  Hoss, if the sole reason for you considering leaving the game is because of losing in this final, then you better get out now!  If you have other reasons for leaving, then that's your business, at any rate the final decision has to be yours, and yours alone!  You & C&B are the two top ranking players!  Ppl looking to defeat you & C&B to boost their own standing!  As long as you play and rank in the top, everyone's eyes will be on you guys and every move you make!  You cannot win every game!  It is statistically impossible!!  You are going to lose!!  We all lose at some time or other (some more than others  :-)  ).  But if you can't handle the pressure of being on top then get off before you fall....hard!

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is that you should not leave!  You are a great player and a great inspiration for many of us.  Remember also you are a Clan Leader!  Leaders carry a greater responsibility to their clan than themselves!  What message will you be sending your Clansmen?!
 :cool:  You are still #2 in my book!  :P                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2004, 07:26:45 PM »
^^^^
Er....Computerman, I think that last sentence will do more harm than good.
Please show a little discretion towards Balki.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2004, 07:26:45 PM »

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 29, 2004, 07:29:52 PM »
aite hoss no scene@ watapon
buh onto serius stuff...leaving yugioh hoss? y? hoss yuh gyal right...doh leave d game becuz of a tourney final...real me nhav respect for u as a great duelist an ting an jus so u go leave? i remember d days when u jus started in sns...
like spk said we hav the best here and u r one of them(us if u all tink im one of the best) so doh buss out an leave we nah...                    

Offline The_Falener

• Genin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 29, 2004, 08:12:58 PM »
The person who came first in the Senoir was the same person who told me and Dax that G.A.T.T was gay. So I won't really say big up for the GATT men in the senoir devision. Anyway I lost because I did not place D.D wariior lady in DEF. I feel like a total idiot!!! Oh by the way congrats C&B. Big up to all my friends there, especial Dax and Choatic (doh give up man jus try again, thats all)                    

Offline (SS)~Marine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 29, 2004, 08:24:26 PM »
The person who came first in the Senoir was the same person who told me and Dax that G.A.T.T was gay. So I won't really say big up for the GATT men in the senoir devision.

That guy used to go to my school and i feel the reason he said that was because a time at sip n' surf papsmurf and a couple fellahs catch him (or accused him) of stealing cards and they made him pay for the cards stolen. I think he used to use the name cyber wolf or something like that. What a Jacka$$  :x                    
A Fool knows no fear. A hero shows none

Offline Chaotic

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Thanx Shinachi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 29, 2004, 08:44:38 PM »
I know that I'm the leader of a clan and what not and i know what will happen if i leave. I'll have to give up being leader of this great clan too that's all, and go back to being a rogue gamer. U guys will still see me at gaming tournaments and stuff too, just not Yugioh. Anyway, it's not just losing in the finals to chicken, that's acceptable, but its the manner in which i lost. Fellas like Neo saw what happen, i really feel that man have the puzzle in he back or something. Anyway, is just that we have no place for us to meet and duel again like before. I miss playing fellas like fault and spk and them fellas. The owner of the store World Plus in Arima say yuh name have to be on a special list to duel in his store and u have to pay to get yuh name on the list and he even doh want certain people in his store. From what i heard, he doh want me in the store because i know the person who came into his store and ruff him up. That ja**a**. Because i know someone u don't like, i can't come into the store. He's a total, whatever yes. Thas the man store and if thas his scene thas his scene.
All this talk about the top ten and top 2 duelists in Trinidad. Who are they? I really must know. If i still have my deck after tonight, I'll just go on a complete rampage and duel everyone everywhere everytime at ETC. By the way tickets are on sale for ETC already.                    

Offline hiddenagenda

• Jonin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 29, 2004, 10:51:28 PM »
Balki relax yourself mon.
The amt of times i loss to chicken(including @ Ac) eint' countable....
Chicken is one crazy ass mc......I feel when he go home does just be thinking bout yugioh whole day whole night.......oh and nowplaying ps2.........damnit:(

Chicken is one of dem men that just wacky yes.
He does watch yah laugh and kick ur ass ..
Props to neo for top 10 again.
Spk boy , dese thigns doh do u justice.You a real badman duelist.......and everyone knows it ,<hidden remembers the first yata lock he got with spring of rebirth>.

Chicken has defended us again, congrats mon..........You wanna sell me ur gba since u get that ps2 or wha? :)                    
My Xbox has been ressurected!

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2004, 12:34:39 AM »
^^^^
Er....Computerman, I think that last sentence will do more harm than good.
Please show a little discretion towards Balki.

Discretion?

Although Balki is reigning GATT champion and therefore GATT's #1 duelist, C&B is still National Champion & therefore #1 also.
C&B still has to win a GATT tourney to take that title and if Balki is not there to defent his title.......so be it!

Anyway, it's not just losing in the finals to chicken, that's acceptable, but its the manner in which i lost. Fellas like Neo saw what happen,

Hoss....Madman & D'TITAN  does kick my butt when we practicing....but come tournament time dey deck just refuse to work dread!  Dey been in all GATT tourneys and one AC tourney.  Dey ent givin up....just looking for the heart of the cards.  And so am I!                    

Offline ChickenNBeer

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2004, 12:59:37 AM »
balki we have talked
i understand your situation and you know my view
whatever decision you make i respect it                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2004, 09:26:23 AM »
*sigh*

Well it doesn't matter much anymore...cuz that *may* have been my last tournament maybe...depends how things go...I think I may want to focus now on judging and tourney organization more. I dunno if I'll play @ ETC just yet, all I know that is I'll be there in one form or the other...

And Balki, we hadda play again sometime in truth dred! :) LOOOOOONGG time since we ent face off :P. So stick around...:)                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #373 on: August 30, 2004, 10:50:06 AM »
LOL @ allyuh ent see the MC thread

Congrats to all the GATT fellahs who particpated in the tourney...u did us all proud.
Congrats to C&B and Balki for representing as usual....what more can i say? Did anyone expect the tourney to end any differently?

But what i want to know is......who's going to be around after the banned list comes out....The game is gonna get harder now that ppl have to use their brains to get arond the UD banned cards that are staples now in their decks. Will they overcome this barrier, or will they bitch and leave the game? Only time will tell.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2004, 01:23:30 PM »
But what i want to know is......who's going to be around after the banned list comes out....The game is gonna get harder now that ppl have to use their brains to get arond the UD banned cards that are staples now in their decks. Will they overcome this barrier, or will they bitch and leave the game? Only time will tell.

I am definately staying!  I will sure we will see some great theme (water, warrior, toons etc.) decks that will make the game more challanging and a duelists skill will be much more important than just simply having great cards.

But PapaSmurf, what about Exodia?  Do you think we might see any at the upcoming tourneys?                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 30, 2004, 05:48:12 PM »
I doubt Exodia will have as much play now... If they banned 1 of the searchers, then they may have still had a chance...but both of them???                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #376 on: August 30, 2004, 07:07:53 PM »
I'm definitely staying.
Why should I quit just because the game is taking a new direction?
To me, the Banned list is just a measure to separate the winners from the weiners. If people are going to quit over something as trivial as this, LET THEM LEAVE. It's not our fault that they don't have the skills or the guts to fend without them. Let the REAL duelists continue the game in their absence.

Oh, and in other news....

Guess who's back to play..... :)                    

Offline D'TITAN

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: TriniAF
« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2004, 09:25:05 AM »
I'm staying.  It will be some effort to improve the deck with the ban list.  Will be interesting to see what themes and combinations people come up with now.                    

Offline Sage

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2004, 09:40:26 AM »
try testing out diff. post ban deck types on YVD...its real interesting.
I'm staying.
with only one MST per deck we'll be seeing alot more variations to this game                    
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Offline The_Falener

• Genin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2004, 02:11:55 PM »
I am sure ppl are gonna go to cards like solemn judgement and dust tornado. But thats just me. As for me I am going back to Destiny Board.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2004, 02:11:55 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal