Author Topic: RANT - Smelters  (Read 6243 times)

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent
    • Ps3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 1.73 Core 2 Duo
  • GPU: Intel GMA 945
  • RAM: 2.5GB
RANT - Smelters
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:09:10 AM »
*Takes a deep breath and calms self*
Ok this is my two cents on these smelter plants that are so called "good for the economy"...

Since is too much to post check it out yourselves

http://www.nosmeltertnt.com/health_risks.html

Honestly when they declared that they are going to build an Aluminum smelter plant in Trinidad my first thought was "That not dangerous?" when i got all the info i was like "WTMC WRONG WITH PATRICK?"

Then when i realise the EMA "attempted" to block it i was relieved then coming home one day over the radio i hear the EMA proclaim that it is within their environmental safety laws so........basically go ahead.....
*sighs*

Now can someone explain to me what the Environmental Management Agency supposed to be doing beside arresting ppl who throwing a KFC box out their windows...I seriously thought they were there to protect the environment...

This brings me back to when they refuse to let a green peace nuclear waste ship through the caribbean i was much too young then to know the extent of the threat but i was able to comprehend at least that a spill would result in no fish for years.

Aluminum is almost, if not just as bad, as nulcear radiation in it's raw potent form (which they will be processing here). Now I'm not a Pessimist but honestly speaking i think it is too big a risk to take. Trinidad is simply too small to deal with an accidental spill or just the added waste that will be going into the Gulf of Paria. We can't even dealing with simple flooding here.As the article above says the ppl in the area will also be affected phyically.

I almost slap a fella who said he glad the smelter coming cause he will have a job for the next few years in constructing it. But then i thought about it....it's the same narrow minded thinking that has this smelter project almost up and running. A quick dollar is all the goverment seems to care about. I mean these ppl are of age (meaning they have what between 5-20 yrs left on their life clock) but what about us? Must we pay for their misjudgements? I seriously do not want to know that there is an increased chance my child will come out with a disability or cancer will more than likely be my cause of death.

Sigh when i heard Pat announce the third smelter i think i just resolved that if as such a time that even one of those smelters goes up.......i gone......Isn't it enough we have to live in fear of being robbed,raped,shot.....etc now the very air we breathe is killing us......seriously PPL i good. Sorry to abandon but i prefer to struggle to live than struggle not to die.

Peace

Trouble in this place tonight........BAN....KAI

Carigamers

RANT - Smelters
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:09:10 AM »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
Re: RANT - Smelters
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »
Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with Patrick Manning. It's pretty much unanimous that people in the country don't want the smelters, and yet, he's ordering a THIRD. What....is CANCER the new black or something? I mean, people are telling him left, right and center not to go through with this, it's a BAD idea, do it and you'll end up KILLING US ALL. What takes me aback most of all is the PM's neutral stance on all of this.....he's not even saying anything in Alcoa's defense along the lines of 'Now, I know you people have your concerns, but....' neither is he considering the fact that he could be starting the next Chernobyl here. Nope, he just cuts to the chase and says 'ONE MORE SMELTER PLANT, BECAUSE LARGE BUILDINGS ARE GEWD, LOL'.

It's practically political suicide when you do something that the whole country's against and you just ignore them and do it anyway. While industrialisation can be a very good thing, it also can be a pretty bad thing if you don't account for the consequences to the people and the environment.

So, when push comes to shove and giant cockroaches start walking the Earth and we have random body parts growing where our nutsacks should be, tell yourself it's all because we, the people, "told ya so."

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 01:50:05 PM »
It's funny that you mention that the whole country is against it, since the Minister of Trade and whatever this morning on 'The Morning Edition' or whatever its called on TV6 I believe said that MOST ppl are FOR the smelters.... 0_o I coulda Slap dat man so hard he'd lose his colour cause dread... I cyah believe how this 'government' really, HONESTLY seems to BELIEVE THEIR OWN BULL$H!T. I mean have you looked at patrick when he giving these speeches? the man looks as if he HONESTLY BELIEVES his own crap... its unf^&*ing believeable... dread.... I eh know what going on these days... maybe JES MAYBE Alcoa has been putting Al in his morning tea, cause as alot of us who did Bio know, Al CAUSES alzheimer's but the inherent problem with that is that YOU FORGET EVERYTHING. So maybe patrick has already surcomed to the Al poisoning from all the money and dinners they prolly had to wine and dine him into wanting a smelter here. Gee %^&*ing wizz.... what is this WORLD coming to.

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 02:43:14 PM »
You know after thinking about it...Suppose Pat just playing with us. Suppose he wants to live up to his "Father of the Nation" BS suppose at the end of the day when election come around he say....."You know the people of Trinidad and Tobago have spoken and I (The Great PATOS) have decided to turn down all the Aluminum projects and start a new eco-toursim...blah blah"..........i would laugh, shake my head and join politics see what will happen....

But then again I think PATOS too simple minded to pull it off. And if i wasn't sure his police guards would shoot me i would throw some eggs on his new BMW.....ah sigh i seriously about to look at some jobs in Canada...laterz folks

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »
Manning has shown a BLATANT disregard for us citizens of T&T and our opinions as THE electorate who put him there.  I hate to say it, but his stance on this smelter issue is alarmingly similar to president Bush's stance on the war in Iraq.

Nothing anyone says will deter this PM from his path, and just like Bush, uses this so-called 'shield of christianity' to justify his
decisions as sane and right for all.  (yeah I SAID it)

Utterly disgusting state of affairs; but 'great is the PNM' ent?

Faddah put a han.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 5820k
  • GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
  • Broadband: Flow/Blink
  • PSN: David_Crockett
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »
Manning has shown a BLATANT disregard for us citizens of T&T and our opinions as THE electorate who put him there.  I hate to say it, but his stance on this smelter issue is alarmingly similar to president Bush's stance on the war in Iraq.

Nothing anyone says will deter this PM from his path, and just like Bush, uses this so-called 'shield of christianity' to justify his
decisions as sane and right for all.  (yeah I SAID it)

Utterly disgusting state of affairs; but 'great is the PNM' ent?

Faddah put a han.

True Manning is really becoming like Bush.

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »
*skims over topic*

I've been introduced to this crap since...I think it was last year. I can't tell. I don't particularly pay attention to things like the passage of time. All I can say is that there really needs to be an unbiased body talking about the smelters. When I read that Aluminium is nearly as bad as nuclear waste all I could've done was shake my head. Gross exagerration there.

Feh...the majortiy of people aren't not (yes...pay attention to the double negative) for the Smelter. The majority of people are just not against it. Mainly, because of out culture of blissful ignorance and unawareness of ones political power as a citizen. Whatever. I just don't know how I can even be implied that it's unanimous.

Either way...three -large- smelters for this country along with poor enforcement of environmental laws (and laws in general) in this country is bad. It's not as bad as one would think...the studies cited left some to be desired, honestly. (I should cite sources of my own but that would be obscenely futile)  The -massive- amount of revenue earned will be good...but it isn't really worth the greenhouse gas emissions and general depreciation in life that it will bring. Besides...f**king poor redistribution of wealth means I'm not seeing any of that god damned money anyway. So hey...why not %100 indeed? Anyway...see you guys in Canada. Social Healthcare here I come!

*picks teeth*

Mmmm...fluoride.

What can you do to end the hunger?
It's no surprise that many will die with the coming shortage of food
When there is no grain to feed the butchered cows
When there is nothing to feed yourselves...
Then you will see that money can't be eaten.

-The Locust

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 10:29:02 PM »
This whole smelter thing is REALLY gonna cause trouble.... Imeen just look at teh derelict boat in Chaguramas that sink and cause a oil spill.... for YEARS i been told that thin was sitting there... where was teh EMA all that ime?

EMA is nothing more than just the Carnival FETE police, yes! The efficient at that if nothing else..... but as said above Where is the EMA at this time? I sure they've been shut up...

but Pattos go pay for his morality in teh next election, wait and see.
(But if i WRONG... I bookin the next flight to St. Vincent. or Barbados. I rather duck hurricane than endure this BS!)
God is dead.

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 10:37:18 PM »
This whole smelter thing is REALLY gonna cause trouble.... Imeen just look at teh derelict boat in Chaguramas that sink and cause a oil spill.... for YEARS i been told that thin was sitting there... where was teh EMA all that ime?

EMA is nothing more than just the Carnival FETE police, yes! The efficient at that if nothing else..... but as said above Where is the EMA at this time? I sure they've been shut up...

but Pattos go pay for his morality in teh next election, wait and see.
(But if i WRONG... I bookin the next flight to St. Vincent. or Barbados. I rather duck hurricane than endure this BS!)

Remember you was supposed to look for a job in St Vincent for me, eh?

-The Locust

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
lol allyuh staying in the caribbean?

The way i see it i feel PATOS needs to go along with the EMA and a new EMA gets launched with me at it's helm (i don't really want to be prime minister too much bs)

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 09:02:49 AM »
Patos go FIND a way to get rid of you if yuh squeeze him too hard for dem smelters..lol
God is dead.

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »
lol next thing i see IATF show up at door

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 01:10:27 PM »
  The main danger of smelters isn't that the Al is toxic, its the flourine and sulpher gases that it gives off. Both of which will acidify any water in comes in contact with and damage human tissue . Even if it isn't enough to kill you in one dose , over 10 - 20 years you will start to develop symptoms as the chemicals accumulate in you .
   Funny thing is , for all the sh!t this man doing ,he gonna win elections next year and do more sh!t . We no smarter than the yankees , them people in lavantille and beetham who suffering for decades will go back and vote them in.
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 01:33:39 PM »
Funny thing is , for all the sh!t this man doing ,he gonna win elections next year and do more sh!t . We no smarter than the yankees , them people in lavantille and beetham who suffering for decades will go back and vote them in.
I really pray for the future of this country you are proven WRONG... but I know where yuh coming from... and yuh wonder why education in a mess? its all planned. 'Stupid' ppl are easier to manipulate (jes pave dey road) and yuh have their votes. So keep the MASSES STUPID and yuh bound to win. I guess it's kinda like him... raising a whole generation of idiots who think Aluminium smelters will be good... I eh know what to say no more.. Pat is a MC... and that's Putting it POLITELY.

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago Politics: Because there are alternatives. *gives thumbs up sign*

-The Locust

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 09:34:40 PM »
well I can only add this:

we had coup/revolution in 1970
Abu Bakr try to take over in 1990
who knows what will happen in 2010?

frankly I booking my 2010 plane ticket now yes (to South Africa, yes; may as well take in the world cup while I there), the rate at which that guy operating... i shudder
God is dead.

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:12 AM »
Pave their road, open ah lil community centre maybe make a visit and shake some hands kiss some babies smile and talk about creating more jobs.....bam and you back in power to further ruin a wonderful country.....

You all hear that with the open forum they having Manning did say that even though they going to hear all the comments more than likely it wont deter him from going ahead with the project....dread i seriously feel if i ketch manning jogging alone a morning in bryan's gate IS LICKS.

Sigh....fellas how about we try to do something positive about this cause words without actions is useless.....if not for us.....our children

Carigamers

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:12 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal