Poll

Do you think there is an -effective- democratic process in T&T?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLL: Do you think there is an -effective- democratic process in T&T?  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
As the topic title states...

I don't particularly care for your "Who/Why/What?" or reasons to the cause because it is glaringly irrelevant. No offense intended, though, as this is a board for discussion and you may and -can- state your detailed opinions whether called for or not.

...but I just inquire as to your concise, individual viewpoints.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 05:00:42 PM by Synchronomyst »
What can you do to end the hunger?
It's no surprise that many will die with the coming shortage of food
When there is no grain to feed the butchered cows
When there is nothing to feed yourselves...
Then you will see that money can't be eaten.

-The Locust

Carigamers

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
Re: POLL: Do you think there is an -effective- democratic process in T&T?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »
i dont like it, but i think its as effective as it can get

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 08:01:24 PM »
 there is NO democratic process in trinidad , once elections done the politicians forget the people and Promises Never Materialize , we turning into an Unsafe Nation of Criminals thanks to the nonsense going on.
   Its the people's fault to begin with, them who suffering in laventille and beetham voting PNM every time and want to bawl descrimination and victimization after, voting is still done on race , not on issues or morality .
   Only way we can change this is perhaps to dissolve party politics as it is , with a seperate election for the prime minister , and one to assign indipendant senators to each constituancy .  Even if most of the h people are loyal to the phantom organizaton that the PNM may become ,they will never be in majority , plus the prime minister may have no allegiance to any of the parties .
   As it stands , no would vote in manning as prime minister unless he was a packaged deal with the PNM : he taking away your smokes, drinks and all fours .  Kamla might get a woman power thing moving and win , or Dooks if his reputation isnt too tarnished amid more infighting
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 08:14:06 PM »
I put yes, but its a bit of a relative view. If yuh look at it from the perspective that we sucessfully elect a party to power then yes. Whether it is totally honest and the padding doesn't swing the votes to the loser we won't know but I would like to think even with padding, that merely helps the winning party confirm its position as opposed to sway it to them whilst they losing. On the other side... we seem to elect absolute MORONS... so I guess thats where it falls apart.

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 11:51:48 PM »
The only decromatic proesses that seems to be effective in Trinidad and Tobago is Police Speed Traps, Police Wreckers, and rising food prices.

everything else is jus f*** up
God is dead.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 11:51:48 PM »

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 12:07:59 AM »
Amen @ speedtraps and wreckers. I'll always say...the futher away from politician and a court or similar institution you can run the better. If you get caught in the "system" as a small man with no links, you're screwed.

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 1.73 Core 2 Duo
  • GPU: Intel GMA 945
  • RAM: 2.5GB
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 11:06:11 AM »
I think the democratic system is effective cause even after all these years you can still vote by race and get away from it.

PNM, UNC, whoever else......IF we as a nation do eventually decide to mature and go beyond the whole "I voting for my ppl/ i voting cause i getting a job (cepep or otherwise)/ I voting cause they fix the road (poorly)" and think about the future of the country maybe then we will be able to see the democratic system work

Also i think the area where the process has failed is in part where MPs fail to address important issues and get away with it...C.O.P and Minister of National security.

Trouble in this place tonight........BAN....KAI

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »
Well, Laertes.. is just my sarcastic way of mocking the so-called democratic proces in this country.

But seriously, this place is a mess. I opted to look up the definition of "democratic process", and this is what I found:

The Democratic Process is a style of government where the citizens have the right to participate in the decisions of their government. This is the foundation of democracy. The citizens of a democratic nation have elections to decide who will create, modify and remove laws, for that political region or subdivision. Included in the process, are the rights of its citizens to question, comment and usually by majority, change the activities of their government or its officials.

Based on this definiton I would say that  this country is in a really bad state. consider the easy scenario of  the smelter. There is enough "democratic" outcry for the government ruled by a particular political party to take notice. So far the response has been to effective silence the opposition, in particular those living near to the smelter's site.

Up to now we STILL have roads in a deplorable state. We  supply much of the world with asphaly and can't maintain our roads unless it's election time. My first ever trip to the pitch lake was last year and the roads are the worst there..

You put on the radio and listen to Dale and Tony, George Umbala, Dr. Marogan job or 'The Gladiator'. People are always calling to complain about something lacking ... successive government seem to fulfilltheir own desires.

Food prices.. this week the price of chicken goes up AGAIN: bet your bottom doller KFC goes up again before Carnival next year. Bread gonna go up becasue TTEC rasie the cost of electricity for business.

But for all my ranting.. i now attack the people of this country. we who have to live day to day without the benefites that our parlimentarians enjoy see all these things and wil cry foul for a few days when a questionable decision is implemented but will quite literally accept it. Is a terrible way for society to operate. Come on, we voted in these people.... we can vote them out if someone better can do the job!

In closing, Mr. speaker, I dare to say that we are statistically due for a next civil unrest in about 4 years time..... somebody in government better start doing things right... because "vision 2020' may not occur before 2120..... if ever.
God is dead.

Offline TinyGrasshopper

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • Wii, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Subway Chronicles
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz
  • GPU: 9500 GT
  • RAM: 8GB
  • PSN: chrisyeem
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 02:49:08 PM »
My problem with the democratic process in T&T is a political culture lacking in transparency. I think the system is a little bit too complicated for its own good. I feel very ignorant as to how the administration gets anything done and I think they do not disclose enough. My greatest fear is that they actually have no idea how to get anything done and are stuck in their own organizational quagmire unwilling to leave cuz they have such a cushy life.
"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at "
Scroll buttons and the bad be together at last. How you ever learn to scrigee-scroll so fast?

Carigamers

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 02:49:08 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal