Author Topic: Everything Wii want to know about Nintendo Wii  (Read 121939 times)

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
Re: Everything Wii want to know about Nintendo Wii
« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »
Mario Party 8 is really fun, good party / family game. Also Super Paper Mario is great, very addictive.

Carigamers

« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • wii, ds, super nintendo, gbc, gba
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »
thanks for the insight. is mario party 8 fun by yourself as well. Some feed back on pokemon for wii would be helpfull also.

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
It's more fun with 3 other people, but the AI is Ok to compete against, the mini games are fun and there are tons of them to keep you busy. I'm not too sure about Pokeman, never was a Pokeman fan, you may want to check Gamespot.com for reviews. If you are interested in 1 player games, again Super Paper Mario is fun.

Offline AR!Ø

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Mai
    • PS3 - WiiU - GC
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.40ghz
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 690 by ASUS
  • RAM: 8 GB @ 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast
  • Origin ID: ariormtr
  • PSN: ario0787
  • Steam: ario0787
« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
I got RE4 for the wii...It real badd. The controls take a lil chapter or 2 to get accustomed to it, but other than that, it badd. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this 1 has all the extra stuff they threw in for the PS2.

Offline BeoBear

• AdvancedTactics
  • Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • Solid Manicou
    • View Profile
  • PSN: Dr_upgrayedd
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2007, 02:58:42 AM »
Scar face: the world is yours. Its pretty damned fun...but wow If I had a kilo of coke for everytime this guy belt out a cuss.. I mean he does cuss EVERYTHING, I had him cuss up a plant in the bank for fun.

Aiming with the wii = ability to shoot with such precision that you can hit an enemies left or right nut, (yes you actually can)
Manicou....Manicou MANICOUUUUUUUUU

Carigamers

« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2007, 02:58:42 AM »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #345 on: July 03, 2007, 10:45:44 AM »
It just keeps going and going and going...

Wii seen outselling PS3 by six to one

Big in Japan

By INQUIRER newsdesk: Tuesday 03 July 2007, 15:04
JAPANESE CONSOLE COUNTERS said Nintendo's Wii console outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 by six to one in Japan last month.

The success of the Wii and its wiggling stick is shocking onloookers. And on home turf, Nintendo is leaving Sony with barely a pot to point the proverbial at, as the world goes Wii nuts.

Japanese publisher Enterbrain reckons Nintendo sold 270,974 Wii consoles during June, while Sony sold 41,628 PS3s. Microsoft's Xbox 360 brought up the rear, notching up around 17,616 sales.

According to the firm that makes 2.76 million Wii consoles sold in Japan since it launched in December. Sony, with a month's head start, has sold less than a million PS3s.

Offline Gaara_Temari_Rulz

• Genin
  • Chakra -36
  • In your lie, I've found my truth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2007, 02:35:33 PM »
woot!! zelda is back in action in brawl!!! and she loookin haaawt!! n i think she went brunette....lol.... but i wanna see shiek!!! he/she's a b@d@$$!! WOOT
Gaara is Kazekage now bi@tches!!!

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL, Xbox 360, PSPgo
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • GPU: 2x Gigabyte R9 280x
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz
  • Broadband: Rogers
  • Origin ID: TheApprenticePC
  • PSN: The_Apprentice
  • Steam: TheApprenticePC
  • XBL: TheApprenticeXb
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »
EA introduces new play modes for Wii sports games

EA announces dual play modes for Wii sports games

The Wii versions of Madden NFL 08, NBA Live 08 and FIFA Soccer 08 will all include the new control mode.

"Family Play on the Wii creates an incredibly accessible and user-friendly experience that the whole family will enjoy," said EA Executive Producer Dave McCarthy in a statement. "While many fans love to control every piece of the action, novice players can have just as much fun jumping in to throw a touchdown pass, nail a three pointer or take a shot on goal."

The new play initiative omits the use of the Wii nunchuck focusing on basic moves only while Advanced Play includes nunchuck functionality for a full range of moves like in previous EA Sports games.

Offline AR!Ø

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Mai
    • PS3 - WiiU - GC
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2007, 12:20:02 AM »
daily weekday updates on SSBB www.smashbros.com

Offline vivman1107

• Kage
  • Chakra 16
  • There is no spoon
    • View Profile
    • vivman1107's Lists
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  • GPU: PNY Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
  • RAM: 4 GB Corsair DDR2-800
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2007, 12:56:04 PM »
For those who wanted to use the Wii-mote as a lightsaber ...

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii)
By Patrick Joynt | July 6, 2007
Our exclusive hands-on with the Wii's first lightsaber!

We had the good fortune to visit LucasArts' San Francisco offices recently, to get an exclusive first hands-on with the upcoming Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. More to the point, we got to be the first people outside of LucasArts to use the Wii Remote, in its full motion-sensing glory, as a lightsaber in a videogame. And it was fun. If you love the original Lego Star Wars games for their charm, humor and visual style, then being able to swing your Wii Remote to slice your lightsaber through your adorable Lego foes is going to be delicious icing on the cake. The fresh content and revamped prequel levels won't hurt either. If you didn't enjoy the original games, and the sheer joy of swinging a controller to swing a lightsaber doesn't move you, we're not sure we have anything to say to you.

To use the Wii's functionality, the Complete Saga team essentially added a layer of motion-sensing controls over the primary set. You can press the Z button to build, but if you piston your arms up and down to pantomime the character's animation, you'll build much faster. Similarly, you can just press the Z button to use your Force powers, but if you direct them with the Wii's controls you'll get a much faster or more powerful response. Although it might not make it into the final build, blaster characters will probably be able to fire their grapples by flicking the remote from down to up. And, finally, you can use the Wii Remote to swing your lightsaber.

If you waggle the Wii Remote, a character armed with a lightsaber will swing it with the same abandon you swing. If you jump or double jump first, you'll perform a slam or super slam attack. In addition, if you swing when a bolt is incoming, you'll be able to swat away blaster fire (rather than just having to hold your lightsaber still). Swinging the lightsaber with the Wii Remote is a bit faster than just pressing the trigger, and the effects you generate more powerful, but the real payoff is simply swinging your "lightsaber" in real life.

We spent a good chunk of time playing as a few Force-using characters in the Wii version of the game -- Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon -- and were really pleased with the Wii control scheme. It's not the dueling game everyone is hoping for, but it fits the gameplay of Lego Star Wars and the Wii itself perfectly. It's fundamentally more fun to play Lego Star Wars swinging a lightsaber instead of clicking a trigger to make your character swing a lightsaber. LucasArts' task was to make the game a bit more ridiculously fun for adults but to keep it accessible for kids. It's a tall order, but one The Complete Saga looks ready to fill.

http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/lego-star-wars-the-complete-saga-/802001p1.html

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2007, 11:02:47 PM »
BAW!!!!!!

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 12, 2007, 07:45:21 AM »
Nintendo introduces Wii device for feet

Super skateboarding, Super Waltzing and ski boarding Mario Bros pair

By INQUIRER staff: Wednesday 11 July 2007, 20:12
THE PEOPLE that created the Super Mario Bros and the infamous Wii console have introduced a new device which works with your feet.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Nintendo introduced a "balancing device" which no doubt will let you do virtual skateboarding and skiboarding and keep you fit.

The Japanese company has already astounded Sony by grabbing loads of sales from people who want to play virtual golf and the like and darts without setting a foot outside the house.

But now the "balance board" introduced at E3, according to the Journal, will let you do things like aerobics, pushups and other sporty things.

We're sure many of our readers remember the era of the "exercise bike", which are no doubt stored in attics and lofts for our grandchildren to find, and wonder about. A virtual Wii bike obviously occupies less space.

Dancing is also an obvious niche for Nintendo Wii games developers. Many people love dancing, and if you can be instructed by your TV and Nintendo Wii program to dance the Foxtrot or the Tango, then life could be a real bowl of cherries.

If the atmosphere continues to get a bit smoggier, and the temperature hotter, perhaps there will be a time when it's safer to stay in than venture out into the yellow mist outside, no doubt caused by nicotine addicts rather than people driving automobiles on the Yellow Brick Roa

Offline AR!Ø

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Mai
    • PS3 - WiiU - GC
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 12, 2007, 06:03:27 PM »
SSBB Confirmed for 2007 release, December 3rd.!!

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #353 on: July 12, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »
It seems like ages since Nintendo first showed off the Wii Zapper shell -- a controller add-on styled after the classic NES light gun, and a natural fit for the Wii. Shooting stuff with the Wii Remote is, after all, pretty much what the controller was made for. But while the Wii's seen a handful of first-person shooters since its launch, the Zapper's been missing in action since its hands-off debut.

Fans of shooty mayhem will be happy to know that Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime announced during today's E3 press conference that the Zapper will finally become a reality. Describing the shell as "the first offspring of the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk [attachment]," Fils-Aime showed off the final product: a submachine gun-style shell that uses the remote as the barrel and the Nunchuk as the back handle -- a design that resembles a two-handed version of Namco's GunCon 2 for PlayStation 2... except that it's not a hideous orange color.

Several third-party titles are earmarked to take advantage of the Zapper, including Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad, and Medal of Honor. A Wii version of Duck Hunt was conspicuous in its absence, but Fils-Aime did mention that the Zapper would launch later this year at $19.99 with software included. Duck Hunt would be a no-brainer (note to Nintendo: We'd also accept Gumshoe).

DUCK HUNT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 21, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »
Hey ppl I am looking for a good website(with realy good prices) : to buy some wii games etc and also two wii-motes. I would be greatfull for any info asap!

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 25, 2007, 08:15:24 AM »
Go underdog, go underdog, go underdog...
Wii pours gold into Nintendo's coffers

Boppity bob

By INQUIRER staff: Wednesday 25 July 2007, 12:09
CONSOLE FIRM Nintendo saw its net profits soar by four times in its financial first quarter and said it expects its whole year profit to be 40 per cent over its previous estimate.

The firm turned in net profit of $669 million, on the back of sales that have doubled.

The firm's DS game machine is also doing pretty well.

The Wii is the ace in the console joker pack, particularly so as Sony isn't doing brilliantly with its Playstation III and Microsoft has headaches over hardware problems with its Xbox 360.

According to reports, the Wii outstripped Praystation sales last month by four to one in America. µ

Offline AR!Ø

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Mai
    • PS3 - WiiU - GC
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »
Ok so I'll be out of the country for good as of next month's end, and would like to try to get on the net at least once with my little white box. The problem I have is that I don't want to waste any money on a router just like dat cuz my home is made of 8"(not 100% on this) Concrete blocks filled with cement and steel, and I would like to know beforehand if anyone has any ideas on how I should approach this. The router would most likely have to be positioned in a room upstairs while the wii would be in a room downstairs. Usin Flow btw.

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2007, 11:30:30 AM »
Well i finaly get my wii to do the update, now is just to do the last update so i can use the shop chanell and wii conn. 24.
 Thank god!

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »
Ok so I'll be out of the country for good as of next month's end, and would like to try to get on the net at least once with my little white box. The problem I have is that I don't want to waste any money on a router just like dat cuz my home is made of 8"(not 100% on this) Concrete blocks filled with cement and steel, and I would like to know beforehand if anyone has any ideas on how I should approach this. The router would most likely have to be positioned in a room upstairs while the wii would be in a room downstairs. Usin Flow btw.

get a wireless n router

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2007, 10:07:20 AM »
Some wii pics woot! :lol:

MPH 3 :yay:

Carigamers

« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2007, 10:07:20 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal