Author Topic: Gayelle and Synergy TV  (Read 12586 times)

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 08:31:23 PM »
outlaw wit d outta timing

What do you mean, 'out of timing'?
I'm never..... :shock:

RUNAWAY BUS!!!

[dives out of the way]
[bus ploughs into a nearby building]

Man....what are the chances of that?
Anyway, Q Dizzle, I can assure you...I am 100% not out of timi-
 :shock:

EVIL MUTANT BANANA!!!!
:banan:
[runs away screaming like a pansy]                    

Carigamers

Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 08:31:23 PM »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 08:32:23 PM »
HAHAHAH BALOON PIRATE!
hahah that is de second baddest ting i hear for dis week!

ahahaha

the baddest is with out ah doubt, the man that killa was tellin we bout name de spin kick terrorist hahahahaahahah                    

Offline Lovyan

• Ancient
  • Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2004, 01:36:09 AM »
but you really have to give them a chance
they only just started
they dont have the abundance of videos quite yet
like when TTT had now start sign on sign off
news alone
then later on they brought out shows to air
it will take time for synergy to get on its feet
but when it does it will be big

as i said before you can watch rap and rock on mtv and bet
soca is our culture
rock and rap are not
you cant find soca in countries like china and all the far east
even most countries in europe africa and south america
but you can find other types of music
so i say yes synergy is more for soca specifically
instead of local talent

lol what nonsense is this?

1.  you can't launch a whole channel without sufficient videos. it makes for a terrible impression and is continuing along this sad narrow path so far.

2. who said soca is our culture? what IS our culture? do you even know? oh my god. do some research before making fallacious statements.

3. as sideswipe said... we've got different genres of music here too - ding ding - earth to mangoseed.

4. yes you can find soca elsewhere because it has been exported - much the same as how north american music has been imported. what about pan? that's pretty big in asia. so what gives?

5. you say Synergy is for soca specifically? lol who died and made you Synergy spokesperson? So far all you've typed is your personal and rather narrowminded view. BS!

6. Do you even know what synergy means? Truly - if you did then maybe you'll get what we're trying to say.

PS - Outlaw... that picture posting crap is irritating me :) Please post something of worth. Don't bother replying to this as will be irrelevant in this thread.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2004, 02:09:39 AM »
Gotcha.
Don't worry...this reply will be relevant to the thread, don't worry.

Now, this may sound a bit biased, but I don't think Synergy would improve even if it was given a chance. Heck, I think local programming is the most God damned BORING thing I've ever seen. Sure, the quality of the videos may be better, the music may be more varied and new stuff may be coming in if Synergy kicks off, but if the ratings stay the way it is, it may be dead and buried before then.
But even if they make all these improvements, I STILL won't watch it.
I'd rather my Saturday morning cartoons and senseless violence, thank you!                    

Offline Mercusho_Arazi

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.darblo.itrini.com
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2004, 10:12:30 AM »

Synergy should play some Incert Coin and Orange Sky it only playing dancehall and stuff

Now i see your point, but i have seen only one orange sky video ever. Remember the station still young, give dem time, doh hate dem for the little trip down memory lane, like how many men remember independence square without the promenade, like in dat general grant video.
some artistes have not given synergy their videos yet, so they only playing what they have.                    

There are two ills needed for success, skill and will. Which one do you value more?

Carigamers

Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2004, 10:12:30 AM »

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Master of the Dark Arts
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2004, 12:25:44 PM »
Well I would certainly hope they have a lot more on the way, and higher quality at that. Aye, anybody want to put together a good quality production studio? :P                    
Have you ever wished things just were?
Blog: Council of One

Offline Arucard-D

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2004, 03:44:07 PM »
actually i now heard of those two channels today...lol..i suck!...
the quality of the Synergy sucxxxx                    

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
  • Live for something..........or Die for NOTHING!
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
    • ImmortalJoker66 Twitch Channel
  • CPU: Phenom X6
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 970
  • RAM: 8 gb
  • BattleNet ID: ImmortalRite
  • Broadband: Flow Broadband 25mb
  • Origin ID: Immortal_Joker
  • Steam: Immortal_Joker
  • XBL: ImmortalJoker66
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2004, 03:44:48 PM »
Young or not if its suppose to be a local station it should play all forms of local muci that includes ROCK!!!! i mean come on i still have to see that Incert Coin video and Orange Sky video give us rockers some quality time also..............                    

Offline mangoseed_89

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://frostbytei.com/fatima/
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2004, 04:12:11 PM »
1.ok if it makes a terrible impression then people just wont watch then is that what you are saying
  but by the looks of it lots of people are watching cause they like to see that there soca artistes are being given a chance to show
   their real colours, no one else in the world sings like them..

2.soca is our culture. fly up to america and go into a music store and ask for a destra CD. you will most likely not find it. or even most
   countries outside the caribbean. you may find the songs in those countries but they still came from sweet T&T

3.of course there are different genres of music here. i not dense you know. but as i said over and over you can here rock rap on cable
   with your bet and mtv but you would never see a soca song on those stations

4.you can find soca in other parts of the world , this is true, but yet still it came from trinidad. yuh feel during the superbowl or the world
  they goin to play destra's bonnie and clyde at the half time show, very unlikely

5.that statement i made was a hypothesis, it is based on what i have seen and what i have heard and i interpreted it and made my own
   statement. and you are yet to prove me wrong, so my statement stands. synergy is for soca ONLY. i doh care if it blinkin narrowminded
   it is my opinion, you have yours as well. and i did not criticize yours

6.Also called: synergism  the potential ability of individual organizations or groups to be more successful or productive as a result of a    merger
that is the definition of synergy
your interpretation of it by my guess is that you think that soca rock and other types of music should be shown together
now who is narrow minded                    

DONT HATE THE PLAYER
HATE THE GAME!!!

Offline ARCH_ANGEL

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »
Now i really dont want to get into the debate of what is local and what is not local.. what i will just say is that anything produced by someone from trinidad or the caribbean on the whole should be looked as local music. But what i will like to point out to most people is that there was never really a medium to showcase local music videos such as synergy... Just as in the early days when Mtv started and they was scrunting for music videos we have seen this trend with the local music industry give it time people and soon we will have a large number of videos to watch....                    
[

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 05:27:43 PM »
1.ok if it makes a terrible impression then people just wont watch then is that what you are saying
  but by the looks of it lots of people are watching cause they like to see that there soca artistes are being given a chance to show
   their real colours, no one else in the world sings like them..

Yeah, if it makes a terrible impression, people won't watch it. The quality of the productions currently airing are far, far below standard. I wouldn't say a lot of people are watching it. Look at this thread alone. Now consider that they keep repeating the same few videos over and over. Even one who enjoys what they currently air will get bored by the 3rd airing within an hour.

2.soca is our culture. fly up to america and go into a music store and ask for a destra CD. you will most likely not find it. or even most
   countries outside the caribbean. you may find the songs in those countries but they still came from sweet T&T

Fly up to America and go into a music store and ask for an Orange Sky CD. You will most likely not find it. Or even most countries outside the Caribbean. You may find the songs in those countries but they still came from sweet T&T.

3.of course there are different genres of music here. i not dense you know. but as i said over and over you can here rock rap on cable
   with your bet and mtv but you would never see a soca song on those stations

You won't find local rock on MTV, etc. Talk done. I'm not talking about seeing Linkin Park or Incubus. I'm talking about the likes of Orange Sky, Incert Coin, etc - local acts. You keep saying that you can see non-soca genres on cable. But you won't find the local acts for it. Why should only Soca get television coverage? We only have one local entertainment-only station; make it count.

4.you can find soca in other parts of the world , this is true, but yet still it came from trinidad. yuh feel during the superbowl or the world
  they goin to play destra's bonnie and clyde at the half time show, very unlikely

Yuh feel during the superbowl or the world they goin to play Orange Sky's Alone at the half time show, very unlikely. Again: Local acts.

5.that statement i made was a hypothesis, it is based on what i have seen and what i have heard and i interpreted it and made my own
   statement. and you are yet to prove me wrong, so my statement stands. synergy is for soca ONLY. i doh care if it blinkin narrowminded
   it is my opinion, you have yours as well. and i did not criticize yours

I don't consider Sean Paul to be soca. I saw a video of his on Synergy last night. So much for it being soca only. If they could show local acts of soca, they could show local acts of rock and all the other genres that exist around this country, even though i personally may not delve into it and know the artists. Equal exposure is what this is all about. Again: We have only one local entertainment-only station. Make it count; let all the genres get their exposure.

6.Also called: synergism  the potential ability of individual organizations or groups to be more successful or productive as a result of a    merger
that is the definition of synergy
your interpretation of it by my guess is that you think that soca rock and other types of music should be shown together
now who is narrow minded

Well either way, synergy suggests bringing together of more than one to achieve a better outcome. So, bring together the different genres!                    

Offline mangoseed_89

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://frostbytei.com/fatima/
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2004, 05:33:59 PM »
i am talkin about soca on a whole
you still frikin rock bands all over the world
you wont find a soca band coming from america
there are many rock bands
just because one o0r two local bands not getting a chance to be seen
a whole feud startin up
cuz so far you all only pointin out two bands insert coin and orange sky
i talkin bout soca in its entirety
there are many more soca artistes in trinidad
than rock bands
soca is the majority
yuh cant quarrel cuz two rock bands not gettin a chance to be seen
done talk!!!!!!!!                    

DONT HATE THE PLAYER
HATE THE GAME!!!

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2004, 06:25:02 PM »
We're pulling 2 because they're the ones everyone seems to know best. If you want to know others, not a problem. Bazodee, Tripped and Falling, Black Rose, Xen, new Dawn, Burn, Astral Garden...but you know, for all you saying that we're only mentioning Incert and Sky - all you're mentioning is Destra! What kind of double standard is that?

We're not quarreling, we as the consumers are demanding the only entertainment only channel in the country to give the non-soca talents of this country some exposure too. There are many American rock bands, but this is not about them! There are also many Trinidadian rock bands, who could use some exposure.

That last reply of yours is evidentally given only from skimming our posts; we're still waiting for some proper responses to them. The points I have been making are still unopposed, so talk done!                    

Offline Lovyan

• Ancient
  • Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2004, 07:17:48 PM »
Okay so you want soca alone. This however is not the point of Synergy.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/2004-01.../editorial.html

Please have a good read. I quote :

"With the pending announcement of Synergy, another local, entertainment- oriented channel from Machel Montano’s camp...Synergy is influenced by the MTV style, with plans for regular music videos and entertainment news reporting"

So what exactly was Beyoncé and Sean Paul doing on there this morning?  Clearly this can't be soca unless I've been living under a rock. This makes your hypothesis fallacious and due for a review.

Of course, you can define soca for me just to get it clear in our heads what we're dealing with. Either way Sean Paul definitely isn't local.

Aren't we all for promoting local artistes? Sure! I have no problem with that once it's done well. As you know, image is everything.

Using your dictionary definition of synergy am I to believe that this "synergism the potential ability of individual organizations or groups to be more successful or productive as a result of a merger" means that there should not be any other music at all on this channel (which hasn't been done yet)?

Dub isn't local either! It's regional perhaps, just like rap, rock and other genres mentioned. What gives? It isn't soca. Have you been looking at this channel or just flipping through?

As you said you won't/rarely find our local stuff on their cable. Our local music is very rare as you said, therefore, Synergy is the ideal arena.  No? Soooo what's the problem? Is it that you just want soca because you  have a preference and are one-tracked?

Also what's this about? What relevance does this have in this post?
"soca is our culture. fly up to america and go into a music store and ask for a destra CD. you will most likely not find it. or even most countries outside the caribbean. you may find the songs in those countries but they still came from sweet T&T "

You have yet to define culture. Still beating around the bush. You don't know this for fact. They're local - and...?  What is your point? Lol come better!                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2004, 07:22:26 PM »
Maybe so, but I'm a firm believer in the saying;
"First Impressions last a lifetime."

And basically, by their poor programming schedule, quality of videos and shows, and the fact that I had to put up with it while missing half of WWE RAW, it made a very awful impression on me.
Personally, if Orange Sky and Incert Coin were to show simultaneuosly on MTV and Synergy, then three words:
MAKE MINE MTV!                    

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »
So what exactly was Beyoncé and Sean Paul doing on there this morning? Clearly this can't be soca unless I've been living under a rock. This makes your hypothesis fallacious and due for a review.

Thank you Lovy! This is what I tried to say before, but which seemed to have gone ignored:

I don't consider Sean Paul to be soca. I saw a video of his on Synergy last night. So much for it being soca only.

Synergy can't be a soca focused station while featuring artists like Sean Paul. It can therefore air local artists who do not perform soca.

Outlaw: Well said about first impressions. However, first impressions can be changed, but it becomes harder as the station ages. It is still in its infancy, and can change its bad first impression if it puts the right measures in place right now, while people still have an open mind. If they leave it too much like it is at the present time, then in a few months, too many people will not even bother to pause at that channel.                    

Offline Lovyan

• Ancient
  • Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 09:35:12 PM »
Image image image. Yeh they need to revamp and quickly.

On a lighter note, I've been looking at Gayelle and it's much much better. Very good fun clean entertainment so far. It's a whole other thing, but it's cool. This evening we were looking at hours of Errol Fabien and Wendell talking copious amounts of crap live on air and in between showing Carnival clips. Just now there was Extempo.

It goes to show that, despite being new and having selective programming, they're still doing very well. The callers are all praising them on such a good job. In this case we're definitely giving them a chance and it seems a bright future for this station. I also saw the press kit and the marketing material is bloody fantastic. Let's hope Synergy improves because it could be really good.                    

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2004, 11:08:23 PM »
Where can I see the press kit for Gayelle? :)                    

Offline Lovyan

• Ancient
  • Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2004, 12:47:15 AM »
in my boss office. lol.  actually i wouldn't mind a copy.. hum. wonder if can steal.

*a few minutes later after googling*

ok i found this on the web. yay there's a site! unlike some...*ahem* other channels.

http://www.pancaribbean.com/gayelle/brochure.htm

This is probably as close as you can get to one.                    

Offline SideSwipe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Council of One
Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2004, 01:45:15 AM »
Well I can't complain about what Gayelle has coming up! That's a very promising starting lineup there...but Synergy...oh lawd....*glares*

Good luck Gayelle!                    

Carigamers

Gayelle and Synergy TV
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2004, 01:45:15 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal