Author Topic: The Passion of 'the' Christ  (Read 16825 times)

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
The Passion of 'the' Christ
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 10:31:52 AM »

It causing controversy cause it reprising the belief that JEWS responsible for christ death

Untrue, it was the romans who crucified him. When the Roman Emperor Augustus converted and became a Christian in 300 AD he had certain parts of the Bible changed so that it would not reflect badly on his ppl. This is why the Holy Roman Empire which later spawned the Catholic Church now still holds and perpetuates the view that the Jews murdered Christ. Why else would they have remained silent during the Holocaust?

The Roman Catholic church is the biggest nest of hypocrites u can find this side of Jerusalem.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 10:31:52 AM »

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 11:33:40 AM »
the final scene of the movie was of the resurrection. it lasted a min at most . LOL to me Jesus looked pissed as hell during the scene. It was basically , they showed the tomb , and a apparently naked Jesus got up ,just stood there for a few secs and walked out ...fade to end credits                    

Offline Mercusho_Arazi

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.darblo.itrini.com
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 11:38:18 AM »
Still have to take in that bad boy, but i figure it gooing to be rel jed.                    

There are two ills needed for success, skill and will. Which one do you value more?

Offline ShowTime

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thesupersaiyajinelite
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 11:48:29 AM »
Yea Smurf, but even so, he might still be right, even if by accident.  The Jewish Religious leaders pushed for his execution so much that certain Roman leaders were getting pressure and even questioned on their loyalty to Ceasar.  They had been planning the death of Christ for a long time, though they did not want his blood to be on their hands, so they tried turning to the Romans for a 'legal' way out.  While it was the Romans who actually hung him upon the torture stake, the Jewish religious leaders were responsible and were the ones who pushed for the execution.                    

Offline QDizzle

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 01:22:57 PM »
not to mention that is the same bastards that jesus help create miracles for save dey lives cure them of leprosy they pushed for barabas's freedom and not jesus WHY cause they questioned his abilities yet again sayin that if he really was d saviour then he would free himself jesus knew this even before he was caught thats why he went into the garden and prayed that night when god told him how much he was going to suffer                    

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 01:22:57 PM »

Offline QDizzle

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 01:24:45 PM »
LOL BTW IMPORTANT INFO CC8 I HEARD OPENING 11 OCLOCK EVERYDAY WHEN THIS MOVIE COME OUT LOL THAT SHOULD SEE ALOT OF PPL DUCKING SCHOOL TO GO SEE IT                    

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2004, 05:37:55 PM »
heard a lot bout it
seems 2 be good
i gonna c it 4 sure
i hear it's very moving

wen is it opening?                    
JIHAD

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2004, 05:39:35 PM »
whoever going/went 2 c it in movie towne b4 it officaly open in d rest
of cinemas must be very rich
cause its $125 !!!                    
JIHAD

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 10:28:15 PM »
I want to see this movie very much.....but not THAT much.
I will wait a day or so.                    

Offline perfectdrug

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2004, 11:47:04 AM »
...well Q...
...are you droppin words???                    
...So take mine like a man, you little weiner==>courtesy NEO...FYI...that\'s UBER gay..

...a drug thats the HIGH not the pill...

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2004, 06:47:56 PM »

It causing controversy cause it reprising the belief that JEWS responsible for christ death

Untrue, it was the romans who crucified him. When the Roman Emperor Augustus converted and became a Christian in 300 AD he had certain parts of the Bible changed so that it would not reflect badly on his ppl. This is why the Holy Roman Empire which later spawned the Catholic Church now still holds and perpetuates the view that the Jews murdered Christ. Why else would they have remained silent during the Holocaust?

The Roman Catholic church is the biggest nest of hypocrites u can find this side of Jerusalem.

fuh shizzle.
The entire power of the Roman Catholic Church was founded on fear of the Huns preyed upon by the Pope to increase the power of the Church and by lying about Attila's intent in order to feed off of the people's fear.                    

Offline Adrien

• Genin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2004, 06:53:56 PM »
Quote from: "Exar_Kun"

Well said smurf. I totally agree wit that statement.                    
YEs ppl that is me in my avatar.and it's not oil  that i used it's juss water.

Offline foroe

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2004, 06:58:19 PM »
this tme i agree with adrien
haha :frostangel:                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2004, 08:16:51 AM »
Actually the RC Church publicly took the blame off Jews for the crucifixion of Christ when it adopted the "New Vatican" approach sometime in the 60s or 70s. The new approach had to do with the broadening of the Chruch's appeal, the introduction of English Mass as opposed to Latin, and the "political correcting" (apologising, denouncing) of the Church's many wrongdoings.

Because of this approach, many traditionalist sects broke off from the main Catholic Church, and these churches stuck with the old Catholic ways, still blaming Jews for Christ's death among other things.

Mel Gibson belongs to one of these sects.

Gibson's father, in several interviews, has made anti-semitic comments, and has gone as far as to say that the Jewish Holocaust never took place and was exaggerated.

All of that doesn't really mesh well with a movie that adheres to the portrayal of Jews as the ones who murdered Christ.

It's that same Christ-murderer stigma that has fuelled anti-Jewish hate for centuries. Hitler used that as one of his justifications for the Holocaust.

And more than likely, what was written in the Bible about the Jews killing Christ probably isn't even true...particularly that "blood curse" about the blame for Christ's death being passed down as a curse from generation to generation of Jew.

Gibson had that curse in the movie btw. It's spoken, but the subtitle was removed.

That said, I'd like to see the movie eventually, because it really looks intriguing. I can understand why Jewish people are upset about it, but that's religion fuh yuh. As long as people keep with the belief that "My God is better than yours", we'll have this kinda foolishness.

I will stay at the sidelines here and laugh at it all.                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2004, 11:11:08 AM »
And Jesus struck with the force of a mighty whirlwind unto the face of Judas and he was no more.And the son of god went unto the land of Israel punishing tax collectors and participating in street fights till his father called him home.

John 3:60                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2004, 11:51:48 PM »
Well, since this post deals with the Passion of the Christ, and is the only one left alive, I guess I'll contribute my thoughts here.

I just came back from seeing Passion of the Christ.
And, to say the least, I was disappointed.
The movie emphasized too much on two things: violence and the fact that the Jews were responsible for Jesus' death.
While I'm not going to go into too much detail here [I'm writing a full review for my site with a synopsis of the movie], I walked into that cinema expecting to be 'moved' by the power of that movie.
When I walked out, it didn't move me at all.

Now, know this, I am a Christian, and I believe that Jesus has endured torture and died for my sins, but what I saw was the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen. You mean to tell me that after seeing the scourging from beginning to end, Jesus didn't die? Take a look at all of the wounds, the blood on the floor, and how much Jesus was beaten already before he was scourged. And, on top of that, they placed the crown of thorns on His head, and made Him carry the cross, all while being beaten by the guards. And yet, he lives long enough to be crucified.
People, let's be realistic.
Jesus may be the Son of God, but He was still HUMAN.
NO Human could ever endure that much and even LIVE to be crucified.
And no, remember that Jesus came to this world on our plane of mortality, so don't even think He kept Himself alive all this time.
Remember, He was a human like you and me.

I did NOT cry during that movie.
I was NOT moved at all.
I did NOT feel anything during that movie.
Everybody in that cinema left in the same way they do as any other movie....I haven't seen one person even remotely resembling being all weepy-eyed.
People, you see the 'Ten Commandments' and 'Ben-Hur'?
Those were movies that moved people back in their day, because they did one thing this movie cannot accomplish in my eyes.
They emphasized on the MEANINGFULNESS behind the acts.
All I saw was Jesus taking abuse from beginning to end.
While I hate to see my Lord and Savior in such a predicament, I hated to see how overdone the violence was in this movie. It became boring and repetitive after a while. Sure, the cat-o-nine tails part made me cringe, and the crow pecking out the eyes of the theif was just creepy, but you get so used to it, that you get used to it, desensitised to the gore, defeating the purpose of the agony Jesus endured in that movie.

People, all I can say is do NOT believe the hype.
I am a believer in God, and this movie has sharply disappointed me.
It's all propaganda, and the only person who should be the judge of it is you. Anyway, when I get some things finally moved around, my personal website will be up and running! That includes an in-depth review of this movie! See you then!

"I got all teary eyed and weepy! That makes me a true believer!" My ASS.                    

Offline QDizzle

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 12:09:47 AM »
aight hoss i give u that i simply doh agree wit u on one thing OF COURSE IT WAS JUS A MOVIE U THINK THAT MEL GIBSON SAW WHAT HAPPEN TO CHRIST U THINK THAT ANYONE KNOWS THE PAIN HE WENT THRU SO WHO MY FRIEND are u to claim that something similar to that didnt happen to him and by the way the fine print to the bottom ppl didnt cry cause they were beleivers pppl cried beacause they started to beleive what may have happened to d big man they prolly drop a tear cause they see something of what he went thru to save us and those same people reemembered all the dotish crappy and stupid things they did in their life like cuss dey fadder never pray cussin on the whole steal and odder ting like that even though i respect your opinion i jus had to give u mine on yours
DOH BITE off mih head plain ole politics                    

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004, 10:09:49 AM »
This thread was unlocked....excellent.

Still waiting to see the movie                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2004, 11:44:08 AM »
*points to New Era's post*

That, people, i can agree with 100%. Nothing more needs to be said, a hypefest of gore with a religious backing.                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2004, 02:30:18 PM »
aight hoss i give u that i simply doh agree wit u on one thing OF COURSE IT WAS JUS A MOVIE U THINK THAT MEL GIBSON SAW WHAT HAPPEN TO CHRIST U THINK THAT ANYONE KNOWS THE PAIN HE WENT THRU SO WHO MY FRIEND are u to claim that something similar to that didnt happen to him

Who are you or Mel Gibson to claim that something similar to that DID happen to him?                    

Carigamers

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2004, 02:30:18 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal