Author Topic: the star wars total universe  (Read 21888 times)

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
  • Live for something..........or Die for NOTHING!
    • Xbox 360
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ImmortalJoker66 Twitch Channel
  • CPU: Phenom X6
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 970
  • RAM: 8 gb
  • BattleNet ID: ImmortalRite
  • Broadband: Flow Broadband 25mb
  • Origin ID: Immortal_Joker
  • Steam: Immortal_Joker
  • XBL: ImmortalJoker66
the star wars total universe
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 11:58:24 AM »
got to find those books                    

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 11:58:24 AM »

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 06:01:01 PM »
You can get some at "Ye old book shop" in St Augustine.....in the corner shops by Lakshmi Girls school. I bought many SWU books their for Talon and Satiyo....check them for the latest NJO

and no matter what anyone tells u, the non humans wil always be dreader than the humans....

Chubaka and Yoda.....need i say more?                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2004, 09:11:07 PM »
I'm assuming you misspelt Chewbacca on purpose...otherwise I fear for you lol.

And the non-humans ain't dreader.Look at Exar Kun(hee hee),Palpatine,Darth Bane,Mace Windu,Revan,Malak,Dooku.
Humans have always been the most powerful and influential save for the exceptions of Thrawn and Yoda.                    

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2004, 09:18:38 PM »
Exar Kun was a very dread fella. I only know about hiim fromt he SW Encyclopedia i bought and the Guide to the Characters book, both are limited only up till the NJO series. The latter being more limited, but its still very good.
***************SPOILERS************************************

I want to get my hands on the Sith comics to find out how they were. I only have the Redemption series where Vima Sunrider (Nomi's daughter) trained under Ulic Quel Droma (i believe he was Exar's right hand man). How he was Sith and Nomi and the Jedi fought a huge battle and blinded him from the force. However in the end he died a Jedi.

Very cool stuff. Especially in the KoTOR game where you learn about the Sith when you are in the Sith temple, and then find the tomb of Ajunta Paul (spelt right?) and learn that as one of the most powerful sith of his time he learned in the end that the Sith were only destined to fight amongst themselves for power. Great stuff. I only played the light side so i saved the twelik (wrong spelling again) Sith from the temple as well as Bastilla.
Pretty damn cool story if you ask me. Some first class twists in the game, really damn good.                    

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2004, 01:37:27 AM »

We also learn that he wasnt at the battle of Endor because the Emperor hated non-humans and put Piet there instead. If he was there no doubt the Republic would have lost. And that would have been a full on battle to show the mettle of both Akbar and Thrawn, i think Akbar would have lost.  

actually he wasn't there because the emperor sent him to pacify the unknown regions
both Vader and the emperor had a lot of respect for Thrawn and his abilites, especially since he was without an ego
Piette commanded the fleet because it was Vader's fleet and since Admiral Ozzel failed him in ESB, Piette was promoted to the rank of admiral since he was the captin of the Executor and the most senior fleet officer
since the emperor was confidant to the act of arrogance, he thought that the fleet was needed only for containment and that
1) the shield wouldn't be destroyed
2) Luke wouldn't kill him (he was partially right here)
3) the rebel fleet wouldn't be capable to stand up to so many stardestroyers

why call thrawn all the way to endor since he had the second death star
but he probably would've died by vader's hand all the same

I got  a good bit of info from believe it or not, the current paper roleplaying game source books on ships, and the sith

if you have any reference books, please I need to see them (must see references)

better yet if you could supply me :mrgreen:                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2004, 01:37:27 AM »

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2004, 06:37:37 AM »
sure man ROmmel. Of course you know i TRY (most of the time) to keep my star wars stuff in pristine condition. I dont usually lend them out. But i may make an acception for an avid fan. I think i am missin one of the comics in the REDEMPTION series, but its cool, you can still follow the story, i have the first adn the final one for certain, its one in the middle im missing.

I figure you may be right. The Emperor was pretty damn sure that their death star would whoop the Republics collective @ss. And it is true, he didnt even order Piet and co. to wipe out the Republic when they could, they were just preventing them from leaving.

Yeah Ozzel was an @ss, he was looking for it, yuh doh play bossman on Vader ship dread.

We get a hint of the incident in the Heir To The Empire series. Thrawn remembers his history about the battle of Endor, and the author writes (cant be sure, it was a while ago i read this) that if he were there things would have been alot different. They also mentioned that Palpatine hated non-humans but yes Thrawn was an acception, also he was half human (i think). But indeed. i think your observation is correct, he didt think he needed his best grand admiral for that battle. Weren't there 12 Grand Admirals or something?                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2004, 12:14:18 PM »
Actually the strategy at Endor was a disastrous failure.The strategy of the Emperor was such:
1)The rebels wouldn't be able to destroy the generator since he subtly reinforced it.
2)The rebels,being lured by the planted information about the Death Star would come to Endor where the Imperial fleet would blockade their way out.
3)The Death Star would be fully powered up and use the superlaser on the alliance capital ships and in conjunctions with TIE attacks,destroy their fleet.

The Star Destroyers were never meant to engage the rebels.If they had,the battle would have been over before the Emperor even died.The only reason they ended up engaging in because Lando suggested they use close proximity to the SDs to prevent the Death Star from firing.

Thrawn remembers his history about the battle of Endor, and the author writes (cant be sure, it was a while ago i read this) that if he were there things would have been alot different. They also mentioned that Palpatine hated non-humans but yes Thrawn was an acception, also he was half human (i think). But indeed. i think your observation is correct, he didt think he needed his best grand admiral for that battle. Weren't there 12 Grand Admirals or something?

Actually that was Pellaeon remembering the incident.Pelleaon was first officer on board the Chimaera and he was the one that ordered the full retreat of the entire fleet after the Chimaera's captain was killed.However some,like Harrsk weren't inclined to take orders from Pelleaon.
There were 12 Grand Admirals.

Grand Admiral Zaarin who attempted a coup before Endor and was killed by forces under then Vice Admiral Thrawn.
Grand Admiral Syn was outfought by Ackbar in the liberation of Kashyyk
Grand Admirals Grunger and Pitta turned warlord and annihilated each other in a fight for control of the Corellian sector.
Grand AdmiralTakel was executed by Trioculus.
Grand Admiral Il-Raz,a fanatic,committed suicide by plunging his ship into the heart of the Denarii Nova.
Grand Admiral Batch was assassinated by his second in command who then took the ships in his task force and joined Warlord Harrsk.
Grand Admiral Grant defected to the New Republic two years after Endor on condition of immunity.
And of course Grand Admiral Thrawn was assassinated by his bodyguard Rukh on board the Chimaera during the Battle of Bilbringi.

Those are all that are recorded and there could never be more than 12 at once.The only ranks higher than that of Grand Admiral are the Emperor,his Executor(Vader,later Sedriss) and the never used Supreme Moff title.
There is one other Grand Admiral however.In the NJO,Pellaeon has been given the title and is officially the last Grand Admiral currently in existence though he exists on a different level since he was promoted by the Moffs and not the Emperor.
And no,Thrawn is not half-human.The first human the Chiss ever encountered was then Captain Parck.

For your reading pleasure here's Emperor Palpatine's journal entry of the first time he ever met Thrawn:
The alien Captain Voss Parck brought to me is interesting,not because of his appearance-which reveals the physical limitations of his race-but because of the brain that clearly lies behind those glowing red eyes.This one is constantly thinking,analyzing,strategizing.He showed no fear,but was curious,studying me in turn.
He is well trained.He expressed no anger when I demonstrated my distaste at his presence.I was subtle about it,of course,as subtlety is more likely to insult such an intellect.I was hoping to spur him to anger,and I failed.
I am intrigued,to say the least.And I could see that he was as intrigued with me.I could sense that he did recognize me as a threat,but wasn't fearful of harm.He simply studied me as a potential opponent.
I am amused.I believe I will watch his new career with interest.

There ya go.                    

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2004, 12:19:11 PM »
:shock: Well wow. Like the man says eh. There you have it.                    

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 05:35:55 PM »
Thrawn was not at the Battle of Endor cuz he was battling and renegade Admiral who defected to the Rebel Alliance in another part of the System. and its true cuz its part of the storyline in the game TIE Fighter for PC                    

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2004, 05:38:01 PM »
and yes it would have been a disaster for the Alliance if Thrawn was there cuz he had the second largest fleet next to the main Imperial Armada under the command of Lord Darth Vader                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2004, 05:42:12 PM »
Thrawn was not at the Battle of Endor cuz he was battling and renegade Admiral who defected to the Rebel Alliance in another part of the System. and its true cuz its part of the storyline in the game TIE Fighter for PC

That admiral was Zaarin who I mentioned,though it could not be at the same time as Endor for two reasons:
1)Palpatine himself promoted Thrawn and Palpatine obviously died at Endor
2)Mara Jade was also present and at the time she was still on her last mission to kill Luke,she never saw Palpatine again.

I don't remember TIE fighter but I know Zaarin did intend to use the TIE Defender design to make his split.But if the game has Thrawn's hunt happening at the same time as Endor,that's a discontinuity.                    

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2004, 05:44:02 PM »
Actually the strategy at Endor was a disastrous failure.The strategy of the Emperor was such:
1)The rebels wouldn't be able to destroy the generator since he subtly reinforced it.
2)The rebels,being lured by the planted information about the Death Star would come to Endor where the Imperial fleet would blockade their way out.
3)The Death Star would be fully powered up and use the superlaser on the alliance capital ships and in conjunctions with TIE attacks,destroy their fleet.

The Star Destroyers were never meant to engage the rebels.If they had,the battle would have been over before the Emperor even died.The only reason they ended up engaging in because Lando suggested they use close proximity to the SDs to prevent the Death Star from firing.

Thrawn remembers his history about the battle of Endor, and the author writes (cant be sure, it was a while ago i read this) that if he were there things would have been alot different. They also mentioned that Palpatine hated non-humans but yes Thrawn was an acception, also he was half human (i think). But indeed. i think your observation is correct, he didt think he needed his best grand admiral for that battle. Weren't there 12 Grand Admirals or something?

Actually that was Pellaeon remembering the incident.Pelleaon was first officer on board the Chimaera and he was the one that ordered the full retreat of the entire fleet after the Chimaera's captain was killed.However some,like Harrsk weren't inclined to take orders from Pelleaon.
There were 12 Grand Admirals.

Grand Admiral Zaarin who attempted a coup before Endor and was killed by forces under then Vice Admiral Thrawn.
Grand Admiral Syn was outfought by Ackbar in the liberation of Kashyyk
Grand Admirals Grunger and Pitta turned warlord and annihilated each other in a fight for control of the Corellian sector.
Grand AdmiralTakel was executed by Trioculus.
Grand Admiral Il-Raz,a fanatic,committed suicide by plunging his ship into the heart of the Denarii Nova.
Grand Admiral Batch was assassinated by his second in command who then took the ships in his task force and joined Warlord Harrsk.
Grand Admiral Grant defected to the New Republic two years after Endor on condition of immunity.
And of course Grand Admiral Thrawn was assassinated by his bodyguard Rukh on board the Chimaera during the Battle of Bilbringi.

Those are all that are recorded and there could never be more than 12 at once.The only ranks higher than that of Grand Admiral are the Emperor,his Executor(Vader,later Sedriss) and the never used Supreme Moff title.
There is one other Grand Admiral however.In the NJO,Pellaeon has been given the title and is officially the last Grand Admiral currently in existence though he exists on a different level since he was promoted by the Moffs and not the Emperor.
And no,Thrawn is not half-human.The first human the Chiss ever encountered was then Captain Parck.

For your reading pleasure here's Emperor Palpatine's journal entry of the first time he ever met Thrawn:
The alien Captain Voss Parck brought to me is interesting,not because of his appearance-which reveals the physical limitations of his race-but because of the brain that clearly lies behind those glowing red eyes.This one is constantly thinking,analyzing,strategizing.He showed no fear,but was curious,studying me in turn.
He is well trained.He expressed no anger when I demonstrated my distaste at his presence.I was subtle about it,of course,as subtlety is more likely to insult such an intellect.I was hoping to spur him to anger,and I failed.
I am intrigued,to say the least.And I could see that he was as intrigued with me.I could sense that he did recognize me as a threat,but wasn't fearful of harm.He simply studied me as a potential opponent.
I am amused.I believe I will watch his new career with interest.

There ya go.

hey Exar we got to talk man from one freak to the next if u have MSN gareth1023@hotmail.com give me a buzz so we can talk Star Wars                    

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 05:45:55 PM »
i will lend you the game and u can check out the storyline                    

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2004, 01:35:49 AM »
this discussion needs to be in person
on the forums is tiresome

don't worry I don't want to borry anybody's collection
just point me in the right direction for my own purchases..............                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2004, 10:00:25 AM »
It's more exhausting.....tooo much for allyuh o post and to read.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2004, 01:12:47 AM »
cool, too bad I really don't play academy

we should start a star wars scene

how about some X wing (whatever version is best) multiplayer
I have X wing vs TIE and it has a multiplayer disc for a friend to play multiplayer
and X wing Alliance
or a new version I don't know of yet,

whatever we could do

I wanna play some starwars, will be real dread                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2004, 06:59:54 AM »
i not too much into the X-Wing scene. But i all for the Jedi academy or Jedi Knight 2 or something. DAt multiplayer is the sh!tZZ.                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2004, 03:20:42 PM »
I never played Jedi Academy,don't like the series.
Can someone give a a summary of Marko Ragnos' part in it?
I heard he was supposed to be the big villain.                    

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2004, 05:00:37 PM »
Markos Ragnos was a major sith lord back in the old days before the Empire he died 5,000 years ago i guess during the sith wars or during the war against the Jedi                    

Offline Bourbon_Ghost

• Jonin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2004, 05:29:26 PM »
I know i a tad bit late to this thread but jeez!
Rommel yuh holding out on me negro!
Lend me somrthing nah                    
\"ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY ARE CALLED UPON\"

BOURBON 4 LIFE

*LOOB MASTER* (1-800-LOOB)

Carigamers

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2004, 05:29:26 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal