Author Topic: World of Warcraft vs. Lineage II  (Read 18442 times)

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
World of Warcraft vs. Lineage II
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 12:23:12 PM »
I going to split this and make it its own thread...is about time this play off.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 12:23:12 PM »

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://ps2.ign.com
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2005, 12:25:14 PM »
point3: blizzard are babys when it comes to mmpogs.
tell me  does this look like game of the year ??
http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

point 4: you complain about lvling up and making money ? if you ont have time to play a mmpog then dont. wats the point if their is nothing to achieve or do. people say omg so many quests, i dont wanna do quests costantly.

point 5: open beta they had flooded servers with well over a million on 1 server. come p2p day how much , just over 200 000 paying cutomers.  i mena pffft. nc soft has more players than that on lineage 1.  :lol:

/flame OFF.  im surgical with this b.itch
:o

I have a question for each of the above

1) I believe you understand the thoery of overwhelming demand so i will ask if you every heard of automatically extending bandwith? Neither have I. This comes back to blizzards support they go handle that situation quicker than your NCSoft boys.  AND to make it seem like less than perfect its OK no game is perfect.

2)I not complainin about leveling up at all i enjoy the THRILL in WoW especially the quests and enemies. What my problem is is killin d same blasted wolf for 3 hours to get a percentage of a level. With that time you can be blessed with desert settings to underground to forest to deep forest ALL at the same level. ALso you dont have to do quests constantly you can level up on your own OR go on a pvp server and War your brains out CHOICE i believe is the word. Also when you reach level 60 the game changes face into controlling neutral territory or taking horde territory especially in a rp server.

3) Lineage 1 was taken up by a very over populated and technology blessed koreans. Lets check the figure change when WoW dropped in Europe as well ? or maybe you should check how many bots made up those players ?

EDIT: I now realise Kayode takin d front on this arguement so I making it clear that i agree with him as well.                    

Hmph...Try again Kid - Sagat

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 01:03:58 PM »
[dohtml][p]
[iframe name="I1" src="http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/609001308631/p/1" width="887" height="1547"]
Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
[/iframe][/p][/dohtml]                    

bushman5

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 01:12:34 PM »
LOL onc again you basing dem thing on NA consumers

just plesase direct your attntion to this website

http://www.mmogchart.com/ and direct your mouse to mmpogs by market share.

OMG wat wat whats that i see ??

and yes BABY company how long blizzard doing mmpogs for . ill let you answer that 1. also wat are ncsoft share at today??? again ill let you answer that.                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 01:17:10 PM »
But Bushman yuh makin yuhself look even worse.

All that chart proves is that in less than 3 months, World of Warcraft has eaten more than 15% of the MMORPG market.

Three months.

First attempt.

That baby well on its way tuh beatin de big boys.

Lineage has been out for more than four years. Lineage 2 has been out for more than a year...and even longer in Asia.

And in 3 months, WoW is already giving them major competition.

Yuh eh prove nutten fuh yuhself dey at all.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 01:17:10 PM »

bushman5

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 01:22:17 PM »
Man, every mmorpgs need kiddies and hardcore people that'll waste their life into the game, that's how it gets the game hyped up and going. Look at Counter-strike and Diablo(I&II) and Starcraft, they are bloody old game and whenever the developers made new patches or new stuff on it, people just play and play especially those kiddies, working adults have no time for these, unless one of your main lifestyle is playing game 2 to 4 hours a day, then I'll have nothing to say.
When you buy PC game magazines, do you read the reviewers aren't hardcore players and etc? Developers will only target hardcore players because even though many may come and go, but it's still these brats that keep the game alive and surviving. Don't believe, look at those old titles that I mentioned above. They still have plenty of people playing. Mmorpgs are not different from those game, the community is still consists of teenagers, college and university students. People whom are aged 25+ are like only 5% to 10% of the gaming cake.
WoW is too much tilted towards the casual gamer to hold the attention of most MMO fans beyond a few months,                      

bushman5

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 01:26:12 PM »
But Bushman yuh makin yuhself look even worse.

All that chart proves is that in less than 3 months, World of Warcraft has eaten more than 15% of the MMORPG market.

Three months.

First attempt.

That baby well on its way tuh beatin de big boys.

Lineage has been out for more than four years. Lineage 2 has been out for more than a year...and even longer in Asia.

And in 3 months, WoW is already giving them major competition.

Yuh eh prove nutten fuh yuhself dey at all.
If you consider Asian work shops as true subscribers..LOL

1/10th?

WoW's entire population probably makes up your population of Farmers/Bots/ect

1 million subscribers = 999,000 bots + 1,000 true players maybe!

STFU!                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 01:32:47 PM »
You speaking like someone who eh play much WoW, if any.

Just because you level faster doesn't mean it's easy to play. More than half the quests after level 40 are group quests.

WoW appeals to both the casual and the hardcore. If yuh want to play an hour a day, it makes allowances for you. If yuh want to play 6 hours a day, there's more than enough content for you as well.

And it's only been 3 months.

And either way, which MMORPG you know has ever been primarily or even majorly aimed at casual players? The very concept of the MMORPG dictates that you want people playing a lot for a long period of time.                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 01:37:52 PM »
Which mod playin around with this thread?                    

bushman5

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 01:41:15 PM »
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUBSCRITION OR GAME FEATURES OR QUALITY. it has to do with the fact that both blizzard and sony entertainment have otehr sources of income then MMORPG's. and as we all know MMORPG's popularity fades or at least every mmorpg eventually fades. but Sony entertainment and blizzard both make other games therefore can fund to improve adn advertise game even if it is going downhill, through the sell of non MMORPG. adn we all know this market is about fads to an extent. that is to say when a game comes out with a new or improved feature people run like ducks to it                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 01:41:50 PM »
If you consider Asian work shops as true subscribers..LOL

1/10th?

WoW's entire population probably makes up your population of Farmers/Bots/ect

1 million subscribers = 999,000 bots + 1,000 true players maybe!

STFU!

Yuh talkin bull. That eh even speculation. Is bull.

Come better than that.

Although I know Lineage and Asian players pioneer de bot and E-Bay culture in MMORPGs.

It will make more sense if yuh apply them bot numbers to Lineage 2 instead.

WoW does not have any sort of significant bot culture.

We use our community to do better things, like creating enhanced user interfaces.                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 01:53:12 PM »
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUBSCRITION OR GAME FEATURES OR QUALITY. it has to do with the fact that both blizzard and sony entertainment have otehr sources of income then MMORPG's. and as we all know MMORPG's popularity fades or at least every mmorpg eventually fades. but Sony entertainment and blizzard both make other games therefore can fund to improve adn advertise game even if it is going downhill, through the sell of non MMORPG. adn we all know this market is about fads to an extent. that is to say when a game comes out with a new or improved feature people run like ducks to it
I find yuh jumpin all over de place brother..and yuh points contradicting themselves.

You trying to say that the company with more money and clout sells more games. I telling you that in this situation, yuh wrong.

Sony makes more money than Blizzard ever has, and advertised heavily on television as well as on the Internet.

Yet WoW's share is almost 5 times the size of EQ2.

Final Fantasy and Star Wars Galaxies, both created by companies with much more money than Blizzard, both with much bigger franchises, one with heavy television advertising.

Both combined have less market share than WoW.

So once again, you eh really prove nutten. You running around in circles.

Quality and features is what gave WoW its reviews, and what put it in the position it is in now.                    

bushman5

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 02:00:20 PM »
its just a simple thing really one game is for care bears and old men with no time. the otehr is for the hardcore  experienced gamers. majority of people who whine and cry OMG it takes a week to hit lvl 40. they are casual gamers. like i said above  blizzard has put too much working into making wow a casual game and has nothing for the hardcore.
]
as for quality eveyr 6 months ncsoft releases expoansions.
the reason for this is lineage 2 is a incomplete game. the game will be complete around episode 14. Currently we are in episode 2 and 3 is coming in a few weeks. you cant compare a complete game to a not even 1/2 complete one. this game will have tons more quest than wow will ever  even come close too. as of now lineage 2 beats wow in.

pvp system: wow pvp system is a joke compared.

power system: wow power structure is nothing compared to how people struggle for power in l2 via castle sieges ect and its gonna get more complex in c3 with the dusk vs dawn features.

graphics: pffft my nephews bob the builder grahics are more appealing than wow. it was a veyr lame attempt of blizzard to pull in the wow frozen throne people.

your server theory:  you say omg wow has 94 server all full
yea the full 94 at wat 1500 people per server.
where as l2 has 9 servers and no server caps

staying power: wow is not designed to have much staying power
thats why they never out up many servers. it takes less than a month to hit maximum lvl and have the bets of eveyrthing and guess wat it will always be like that. unlike lineage 2 where they are constantly adding higher lvls more quests more weapons more armours , more features to the various system like pvp economy. all these things factor into  wat a good mmpog is.
when it comes to the above wow is lacking.
Thats wat you dont seme to understand. it coems down to my main point.

WOW IS FOR CAREBEAR people with little time

lineage 2 is for the hardcore gamers with want to dwindle their lives away in a virtual universe.

the hardcoregamers will always make up the marketshare. these are the people that pay a companies bills and bring fat bank to shareholders, not the 30 year old man who wants a 2 hours break from his wife yappering and his kids daddy daddy money please.                    

bushman5

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2005, 02:02:48 PM »
on a small note of quality again.

wow took wat less than 2 years to make.

lienage 2 took 5 years to make up to prelude pathc and has about 6 more years before it reaches the final prelude.

wow has nothing on this game interms of quality and staying power                    

bushman5

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2005, 02:12:38 PM »
also on the point above where you said im jumling around im apoligise but im typing as soon as i think of it.

SONY as a habit that any mmpog gamer whoes in this scene for the last 9 years like me would know they have a tendency to make  a game and use agressive advertising  to boost sales. its the basically throw money at your problem routine.
They did this with EQ

in 1997 when the batltle started between eq and lineage 1,
EQ was voted  game of the year [much like wow is voted now]
yet lineage 1 had a much larger playerbase.[funny how  that works aye]
lineage 1 did very few adds and functions. 1 main reason for this is lineage 1 was in 2 years of closed beta and 1 year of open beta and was well known on the gaming scene.

Yet all these wbesites year after year praised EQ[btw they still rate it number 1 in 2d mmpogs]

now present day. eq community is pratically dead and lineage 1 has a fanvase of 1million +
where did all these so called people who rated eq number 1 go ?? ill tell you the went to lineage like the rest of  the world

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://ps2.ign.com
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2005, 02:24:17 PM »
Ignorance is your middle name ?

YOU yuhself say that warcraft not as big as lineage and me and Kayode added the big YET to the end. Now you are complainin that they have 94 servers(does this include instance servers) with server caps of 1500 (oh and d 1400 waitin to enter that YOU posted) so that is 94* 1500 people there about within 3 months as kayode said AND people askin for more.

Now the reason why servers are clumped is that main areas can become over crowded and that is not good for lag issues.When you have your auction house and aviaries to worry about you dont want alot of people clumnpin SO they make the 1500 person server NOT ONLY to deal with crowd issues but to make you feel like more than a spec on the earth.  Another issue is the vastness of quests. If you had 1500 people in d same cave killin monsters for a quest ? No one would get through so instead of waitin at the loadscreen you go be waitin for at the begginin of a cave... I believe runnin d train is an appropriate term.

I will admit that the graphics are not as realistic as lineage or even games such as halo etc. BUT that doesnt take away from my point of VARIETY.  the character models though cartoony as blizzard has adopted for warcraft are vast and imaginative in scale From dragons to undead dwarfs to mechanical monstrosities to yetis.

Another thing i have to point out is that when we get on a boat the harbour we left doesnt look exactly like the one we arrive at. We dont abuse d same well drawn texture for miles.

In closing.. i wanna ask who prefers lineage interface over WoWs interface? also i wanna know which sound more like an old man

Fightin for 30 minutes and killing 30 enemies

Fightin for 30 minutes made up of 15 minutes resting                    

Hmph...Try again Kid - Sagat

bushman5

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2005, 02:34:02 PM »
o and one more fact that men just make me realised in the irc.

to prove my worth and my knowledge of wat im saying vs yours
how much money a month do you make from wow.
me i pull in aprox 1k tt to 15ktt eveyr month.

i could do the same with wowe but the wow market is not as in high demand as lineage 2 market is. eg characters and gold
why you ask. because any jackass with a mouse and computer can have the very best in wow within a matter of days.

i can show you the going rate of gold vs adena
adnea is more than triple the value of gold                    

Offline [Mx]~Mengsk

• Genin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2005, 06:56:28 PM »
Bushman u Talkin BAlls u ent know nuttin bout WOW
I is a player of WOW
LVL 55 to be exact and the pvp in WOW ie even better than L2
when yuh play on a pvp server u hadda move like is war if anybody from the other side see yuh is lixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
we have a real war goin on and we doh hadda wait till saturday night tuh try and seige a castle war going on 24/7
so hear wha eh no need tuh try and justify L2 me ent playin no game wha takin 5 years tuh cap and a life time tuh get 1 sword i droppin when a man kill mih
Allyuh just cyar come tuh terms on a better game and cyar come tuh terms that alyuh waste allyuh time for so long on a shetty game
stay playin yuh lineage very soon "when BATTLEGROUNDS" hit all allyuh lineage men will come over and u alone will be left on L2 server.
Talkin ah seta shet yuh dont know Bushman.
L2 doh even have a auction house men like vagrants in town sellin shet
stuepssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
talkin shet.                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2005, 07:01:01 PM »
the reason for this is lineage 2 is a incomplete game. the game will be complete around episode 14. Currently we are in episode 2 and 3 is coming in a few weeks. you cant compare a complete game to a not even 1/2 complete one. this game will have tons more quest than wow will ever even come close too. as of now lineage 2 beats wow in.

You just described almost every single MMORPG ever created, including WoW. Yuh obviously not reading, or not that bright, because I've spoken about Battlegrounds more than once and put up links to the WoW site where there's a whole section detailing what's in store for the game in the next few months. WoW is not "complete" either.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

pvp system: wow pvp system is a joke compared.

The only thing that's better about L2's pvp is the power struggle aspect. Otherwise, WoW's PvP is equal or superior.

your server theory: you say omg wow has 94 server all full
yea the full 94 at wat 1500 people per server.
where as l2 has 9 servers and no server caps

Dread, you even trying to be factual? WoW's server caps are in the thousands. Not 1500. As many as 5000-6000 players can be on any one server at a time. Just look at the peak concurrency (340,000) and divide it by 88 for an estimate.

staying power: wow is not designed to have much staying power
thats why they never out up many servers.

Blizzard didn't have enough servers up because they never expected such a huge response. What does that have to do with staying power?
Everything else yuh write there is rubbish.

WOW IS FOR CAREBEAR people with little time

Which is why there are already hundreds of community sites, high level guilds, a whole site for game videos, and more.

Bushman, yuh eh bringing nutten serious to the table dread. Yuh just yappin based on conjecture and ole talk without bringing any facts to back up yuh argument.                    

Offline [Mx]~Mengsk

• Genin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2005, 07:02:37 PM »
OHHHHH and if yuh talkin bout farming and making real money well wha i go say that is not y i play WOW i play to enjoy a good game not get a bot and farm for hours tuh make a dollar i have a REAL JOB for that so i agree L2 is better for peoplelike u who doh wann awork an dtry tuh mak money off a game
and by the way ill love  tuh see yuh bank statemants tuh prove that.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2005, 07:02:37 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal