Author Topic: How do I use X-Box Live in Trinidad?  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
How do I use X-Box Live in Trinidad?
« on: November 21, 2004, 11:44:38 AM »
I'm on TSTT DSL and I can't get this bloody thing to connect. :angry:

I used the winipcfg thing to find my IP,DNS and MAC number so all the errors I was getting for IP and DNS are gone but for some reason I'm getting the blasted "XBox Live not found" message for the 4th check.I tried unplugging my modem and even the router like they say on xbox.com but no go.

Could it be that the router needs to be changed?The modem goes into the router which connects into 5 computers and I'm using one of those ethernet lines to connect into the XBox.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?                    

Carigamers

« on: November 21, 2004, 11:44:38 AM »

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 12:29:21 PM »
You asked TSTT to take down your server-side firewall?                    

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 10:23:40 AM »
I use a linksys router (can't remember the model number) with my live connect and it works fine. I don't think you're bandwidth is wide enough for live. From what I understand your local company offers 300k download. If 300k is the download the upload may not even be enough. I suggest you check to see what is the minimum requirements for live.                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 10:31:52 PM »
I actually checked on that some time ago.Ronnie uses XBox Live with Carib-link WDSL.                    

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 05:57:46 PM »
Lol, yes I would like to know. Hopefully we could get Scar and Baego on, so i can slaughter them in halo 2 long distance!!!                    

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 05:57:46 PM »

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 09:07:47 PM »
i an all thinkin of gettin x box live.
wait
i have to get a xbox first

also post how good performance u be gettin with it                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 04:10:23 PM »
Well it took me a while to get around to seeing if this thing works and believe it or not,it does.
While the urge to disappear into XBL bliss like Ronnie or shivadee was great,I pulled myself out of the pleasurable abyss that is online Halo 2 to report back.Master Kun(XBL tag) reporting mission success!

For those who said it could not be done or it would be too slow,you're dead wrong.I've played a fair number of Team Slayer games so far and I haven't even gotten the slightest bit of lag.

The problem was indeed the TSTT firewall.For some reason I don't see any donate button anymore or I'd have sent you 20 points.

Just so no one has to stumble through all this like I did,I'll take it step by step.
My DSL modem plugs right into a network hub and the Box uses one of the cables coming out of the hub.I tried a direct connection previously but it didn't work,though that was before taking down the firewall.It's possible I think that the firewall was causing the trouble.I'll see if I can test this theory since not everyone will have a network to run their modem through.

You'll need to manually input your IP address,Subnet,DNS and MAC address into the network settings on your XBL dashboard.All this is easily found by opening your start menu in Windows,selecting Run,then typing "winipcfg".
This will give you all the info on the connection.Enter this stuff into the settings and voila!You should be connected.
If you don't have your firewall off yet then just e-mail sysadmin@tstt.net.tt requesting them to remove the firewall,along with the ID or Drivers Permit # of whoever's name the account is on.It'll be done within a day.

Next,to activate your account you'll need the following:
1)Subcription code.
2)Credit Card
3)Billing address in the US.I tried choosing 'Other" but it won't take.You need to have a billing address in the US or Canada or some approved territory.As long as you use subscription cards to keep your account current,your credit card won't ever be charged so I suppose you can just put your auntie's address in NY or something.
4)Choose a name and you're done!

So then,there you go.100% confirmation that this thing works.I suggest that you try connecting your XBox to the net before you go out and buy any starter kit,unlike what I did.If this had failed that'd have been $40US down the drain.

Offline ChRoNiC

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 11:21:53 PM »
how much yuh have to pay fuh x-box live                    
If You Don\'t Start Nuttin\'
There Won\'t Be Nuttin\'

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 11:34:05 PM »
Excellent.

Always wondered if console online play was possible here. Now I'll seriously consider an X-Box and Crimson Skies when the bundle gets cheap.

Just one thing though..."winipcfg" isn't working with me.

And another question...how well does the voice chat work?

Enjoy yuhself...online gaming is the future.                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 11:26:38 AM »
Oh sorry."winipcfg" is only for Windows 98 and ME.For XP or Windows 2000 you do this:
1) On your computer, click Start, point to Connect To, and then click Show All Connections.
2) In the Network Connections window, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Status.
3) Click the Support tab in the Local Area Connection Status dialog box, and then click Details.

Your PC's MAC address is listed as Physical Address.For winipcfg,MAC address is listed as Adapter Address.It's a hexadecimal number btw,so all those -s don't actually make up part of the address.

I haven't tried any voice chat really yet,all I've heard is a few comments from my teammates in Halo 2.Everything comes through fine,just those damn American accents trip me up a bit.

As a sidenote though,KOTOR actually has a downloadable update on Live,giving you access to a new area(Yavin station) where there's a crazy Rodian who sells new stuff,including an unlimited use shield for the droids.                    

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 06:28:20 PM »
^^

Yeah,in case anyone doesn't know,MS scans your system ALL THE TIME.If your XBox is modified they won't allow it on Live AND they'll blacklist your credit card from buying products on MS websites.
The scans even detect the chips that turn themselves off so beware.                    

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 02:18:28 AM »
Live is actually $50.00 per year. the Live starter kit is $70.00. It comes with the headset, Headset connector, and an online game; usually Mechassault.                      

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »
here's a tip for the boys to get some LIVE time in for free.

What you need:

Credit card

LIVE card (Trial)

DSL

Use the FREE subscription from the trial card, and cancel it on the 56th day. It would have been totally free and they will not bill you. The reason for entering your credit card is for billing IF you decide to continue the service.                      

Carigamers

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal